Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Default Wizard rain AE hitting too many times

From http://web.archive.org/web/200108210...as/aerain.html, the effect of a rain spell in classic on NPCs will end after either four NPC strikes or three waves, whichever comes first. One NPC will be struck 3 times, two NPCs will be struck twice, three NPCs will be struck once each, with one of the three getting an additional strike, and 4 NPCs will be struck once. PC targets don't count as a strike. If you stand in the rain, you will be hit each wave regardless of how many npcs are under it. In PVP, it will hit any number of valid PVP targets within the effect radius.

Currently on P99, the rain will hit up to four targets each wave, both PC and NPC, for a maximum of twelve strikes, versus classic's limit of four strikes. To run this test, I aggroed 5 mobs, casted Icestrike, and backed up after the first wave to remove my avatar from the AE radius, while leaving the 5 mobs still within it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Aviak

As a tank, I grouped with a level 28(?) wizard the other day in Everfrost. I noticed extra rain hit messages (A bandit is pelted by sleet, in the above example). I think it was 5 messages that I saw for a single mob.

I remember the incident because I knew it was only supposed to be 3 waves. I didn't say anything; I dismissed it as a logging error sort of like some root messages are doubled when root lands on a mob.

Did you test a single target?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I use single-target rains all the time while both soloing and grouping. Three waves, three hits, neither more nor less(unless the mob moves out of the radius). It appears to work just like classic until you start adding more mobs.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Aviak

Doh! I went to find the entries in my log from my group with the wizard only to find out logging wasn't turned on on that character. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]