Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Default New Raiding Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shud be a new rule.........who ever calls out a raid mob with the LEAST amount of players gets dibs, but HAS to kill the mob with that amount of players.

TMO calls trak with 15....BDA can call it with 14 players...tmo can then lower there number to 13...etc etc

Shows the most skill IMO and lowers poop socking. Can track for 2 days for trak, have 40 man raid....as long as 10+ opposing guild shows up and call they want to go at it with 10-39 players and then first guild can either barter to there 38 players or let BDA try it with 10 and if they wipe first guild gets free raid mob. If they kill mob, then props to them for having the balls to do it with so little.

Should should be the "players rotation" instead of them actually agreeing on rotation for actual free mobs. cause no matter what fuck GM forced raid rules. (clearly other than KSing / training etc etc.)

Grow a pair. Try it out for one mob.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Kolored on Red.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Would be more interesting if maintained on that one mob for an amount of time, to see how it progresses. It would be a different game if it was only happening once.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

Problem with this is that it doesn't allow for new competition to easily come into the raiding scene as the teams with the least amount of people being able to kill the mob will generally have the best gear i.e. the gear from the mob they are trying to kill in most cases. It would require a on gear on the toons participating such as a 60 warrior with planar gear is worth 1 while a 60 warrior with full kunark gear is worth like 1.1 and a 50 warrior in all cloth armor and rusty weapons is worth .001 or something.This of course would become incredibly complex and a lot of balancing and trial and error for proper weight distribution.

A simpler solution would be loot is divided by percentage damage a guild deals to a raid boss. The percentage of damage would constitute a "bid" for whatever item the guild wants to bid on and the guild with the highest amount of bid points on the item gets that item. In case of ties, NBG will be implemented in order to promote a better spread of items. For example, if TMO deals 60%, BDA deals 30%, and FE deals 10% to trak and trak drops 2 BP, TMO can't garner both of them since BDA can easily put all its bids onto one BP, but TMO can easily get one BP and some teeth since they clearly contributed the most and thus deserve it. The bids can be calculated via a script and then the bidding process can take place. This solution allows newer guilds to still participate and earn a spot in the raiding scene while giving just rewards to the veterans.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

But I do like your idea Grahm over the current FTE circus show we have.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

LOL, laugh snort giggle.

what i hear in all these threads! "We want loot, and want it now!...make raiding easier for us so we can have items"

This is Everquest. If you didn't remember, its a make yourself kinda game...You and your guild control your destiny. Now stop crying and start tracking and getting shit done.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfelfbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, laugh snort giggle.

what i hear in all these threads! "We want loot, and want it now!...make raiding easier for us so we can have items"

This is Everquest. If you didn't remember, its a make yourself kinda game...You and your guild control your destiny. Now stop crying and start tracking and getting shit done.
So you think the FTE poopsockfest environment we have now "is Everquest"? Wake up, you fucking tool.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Fun idea, but there would be a lot of devils in the details, and it wouldn't end up working out well. I mean, where do you draw the line between someone counting towards that number and not? Help getting to a boss? Pre-fight buffs? What happens to a bunch of people who want to raid but aren't needed for certain/any raid kills? It's not like anyone is going to bring ranger DPS or a druid or more than 1 tank, etc. What happens when a guild keeps bidding with the same 10 people even though they used to raid with 30+? Are the other 20 going to get loot when they aren't brought to raids? Are those other 20 going to break off and make their own guild? Are the 10 going to break off and monopolize every kill?

Yeah.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

while you guys all fought over what number you were going to kill the mob with, i'd come in with my 50 ninjas and kill it.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be so much more simple to make a max limit of people in guild, like 40!
i'd come in with my 40 ninjas and kill it.
Closed Thread