Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Have you ever gotten a character in EQ to 50?
I used to play the official version of the game, but never got to 50. 30 16.04%
I used to play the official version of the game, and got to 50. 156 83.42%
I've only played emulated versions of the game, and have never gotten to 50. 0 0%
I have only played emulated versions of the game, and have reached 50. 1 0.53%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Rejoined in 08 after a break from 04-08... went from 62 to 73, got a whack of cash and about 1300 AA's

I did that all solo (ranger headshot FTW!).

So, I still have no idea what the Plane of Mischief is...

and, unlike Yendor, I am NOT playing a ranger again this time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (although I will sorely miss tracking).

Aetherial Mistwalker
Retired Ranger (Xegony)

I had the surname before the sword first appeared
Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

I envy you in a way, the things you are going to see and discover over the next few months.

I started in January 2000, and re-rolled when the Luclin server was released, about 1-2 months before Kunark. I was only 14-15 when Kunark was released, and didn't have a character reach 50 until well into Kunark, or 60 until well into Luclin. I played until shortly before Gates of Discord came out.

There is a LOT I haven't seen or done, even in classic EQ. I've killed Vox (once), but never tried Nagafen. I've done Hate and Fear many times, but Sky only once. I've been in on kills on all the Kunark dragons (not counting Veeshan's Peak), but only a handful of times. I did get an epic weapon on two of my characters, a cleric and a druid, but the druid one I finished solo just last year at level 64, with a mercenary. I've gotten the VP key once, but never been in the zone, and I've been in Sleeper's a couple of times, but only after the Sleeper had been awakened. Finally, I've been in Mischief, but it was already old news at the time (sometime during Luclin, I think).
Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Large Bat

Played a whole lot of Live -- 1999 'til early 2007 or so. I wish I could remember what level I got Fanon to on live. Magelo says 74, but I think that was just the last time I updated it.

I actually only went to Mischief once or twice, long after it was relevant to my content level. I did just about everything else in content-appropriate gear though, from Fear/Hate/Sky all the way on up to the endgame for whatever expansion came out after Omens of War (my favorite of the "modern" EQ expansions).

As far as I'm concerned, it goes:
1) Velious
2) Planes of Power
3) Kunark
4) Omens
10) Everything else.

Fanon (Live-Erollisi Marr). HE Paladin. <Whit`s End>
Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Before SOE put a drake at the zone-in to POM in nToV, we had a guild mage load up his monk, flop drag the dead mage up to the POM house, rez it with a rez stick and then CoH guildies up so we could XP in POM. He would also offer to CoH anyone up there for a fee and he did pretty well cash wise doing that...

As for classic - Killed Naggy MANY times - there was an open raid on him on Saturdays on my old server (if he was up). Killed Vox like 2X. The only classic content I never did was I never XPed in uGuk. As a guild leader for 3 different guilds over the course of a few years, I got to do every single class epic 1.0 many many times and 2.0 about half as many times. I cannot count the number of times that I camped the stupid monk epic pipe in Chardok at the bridge. The horror...
Old 08-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for classic - Killed Naggy MANY times - there was an open raid on him on Saturdays on my old server (if he was up). Killed Vox like 2X. The only classic content I never did was I never XPed in uGuk. As a guild leader for 3 different guilds over the course of a few years, I got to do every single class epic 1.0 many many times and 2.0 about half as many times. I cannot count the number of times that I camped the stupid monk epic pipe in Chardok at the bridge. The horror...
Did you ever have the pleasure of camping the SolB for the Cleric epic? On my live server, it was heavily contested and you pretty much needed a presence there 24/7 and enough people on call to get the kill.

One of the most mind-numbing (yet rewarding) camps I ever did.

Fanon (Live-Erollisi Marr). HE Paladin. <Whit`s End>
Old 08-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Since I played a cleric and was the GL and defacto class leader, I cannot count the number of times that I camped SolB waiting on the filthy human to spawn - As well as making the poor cleric in question wait for the final ragefire to pop - Multiple 24 hr shifts for that garbage. Good times...
Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanon_EMarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you ever have the pleasure of camping the SolB for the Cleric epic? On my live server, it was heavily contested and you pretty much needed a presence there 24/7 and enough people on call to get the kill.

One of the most mind-numbing (yet rewarding) camps I ever did.
Oh my God,

You just reminded me of Stormfeather.
I literally stay up for 37 hours, but I finally got my eyepatch of plunder.

If Proj1999 gets to Vellious, I bet Stormfeather will be camped for 2 years straight.

Aetherial Mistwalker
Retired Ranger (Xegony)

I had the surname before the sword first appeared
Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Large Rat

I never got past level 24 and quit before kunark.
Closed Thread