Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real money trades are against the rules. But with the amount of characters being sold lately, makes me wonder if they are all legit.
Most probly aren't but how is anyone suppose to know?.. On top of that, it's a damn shame for anyone to buy accounts/plat/items. Like it's a damn video game, plus were lucky enough to have a free server to play on and look at what's happening to it. If I were a GM I would ban anyone trying to sell any account. It defeats the purpose of the game entirely
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

That's what I'm saying, we wouldn't know. There sure seems to be a lot of account sales lately. For the first 3 months I played here, I didn't see even 1 account sold on these forums. But about a month ago I saw a lvl 50 account go up for sale, after that it was like the flood gates opened. 2-3 accounts per week have been posted since then. Why the sudden spike? Are people just getting cold feet about their class choice with Kunark around the corner?

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabruzzese99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ALL CAPS = CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME

wait just makes you a:

OMG IT ATE THE BABY!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I'm saying, we wouldn't know. There sure seems to be a lot of account sales lately. For the first 3 months I played here, I didn't see even 1 account sold on these forums. But about a month ago I saw a lvl 50 account go up for sale, after that it was like the flood gates opened. 2-3 accounts per week have been posted since then. Why the sudden spike? Are people just getting cold feet about their class choice with Kunark around the corner?
I know right. It Probly happened because some ass hat loser decided to sell a lv50 and trade his pathetic virgin life for some plat to jerk off to and then that caused a friggen nerd frenzy so everyone started to sell there shit. Now we got fucking lv50s with full planer gear for sale, gimme a fucking break. This goes out to all you fucking clownshoes that buy these accounts FUCK YOU!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya , well, it's people who buy accounts that ruin games. Just cause you fuckers are too lazy to lvl your own damn class don't mean you should ruin it for everyone else. So here's another FUCK YOU
You talk a lot of shit for someone that provides no arguement as to how it ruins everything.

People that yammer in mindless flame posts with absolutely no rationale or explanation of their "grievance" are what ruin games. So FUCK YOU. Uninstall and go back to WoW if the cross is just too much to bear.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabruzzese99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Came for this. Leaving satisfied.

Fanon (Live-Erollisi Marr). HE Paladin. <Whit`s End>
Old 08-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
You talk a lot of shit for someone that provides no arguement as to how it ruins everything.

People that yammer in mindless flame posts with absolutely no rationale or explanation of their "grievance" are what ruin games. So FUCK YOU. Uninstall and go back to WoW if the cross is just too much to bear.
It's called rants & flames for a fucking reason asshat. Get with the fuckin program what are you high?? You must be one of them people who buy accounts, or your just to slow to understand this whole conversation? It's called English.... If you don't understand this whole rant then you must not have a fucking clue. Anyways I'll end my note by saying FUCK YOU
Old 08-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

You Just wait till all the little china men hear about a free everquest server.... Then were all fucked.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Part of the problem is that Iksars are on the horizon. They make better Monks, Necros, Shamans, You can argue that they make better warriors too.

Another issue is that people can sell a character easy, and use it to twink up a new character in preparation for a raiding guild or kunark.

The other thing is that its eq. Its classic and it will happen. Trading/selling accounts is just an EQ thing.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Banned

If someone tried to get a serious bid on a p1999 account for real life money I think they would be found out. I mean if it did happen it would be under the table and between two people who already felt comfortable with each other... not like it can really be a random transaction.

As far as selling for plat/items I don't see the problem. People spend their time/resources to lvl up a character the same way someone uses their time to camp a rare spawn to sell the items. At least the people leveling up and selling the characters aren't sitting on the camps the rest of us want to camp for pp gain.. when we are just trying to gear out our own character. If people want to produce plat by doing their own thing and leveling up a character more power to them.

Maybe some people just enjoy leveling a lot more than camping a rare spawn - If I had the time and had a couple level 50s I would part for one down the line if I didn't use them anymore. It actually makes me realize that when I make an alt.. I should probably do it on another account just in case I do want to ditch him for some plat down the road.
Closed Thread