Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=fastboy21;132221]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To say that there are entire countries that believe and hope for the demise of others is an absurd generalization, you do realize that don't you?

I didn't say every person in the country. But there are entire states (Iran for example) that are Muslim Theocracies that have called for destruction on non-muslim states.

Give me a modern example of a Christian theocracy that is doing this.
No sorry i cannot provide you an example of the shit you make up.

read a fucking book, for goodness sake.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

What the fuck, Fastboy screwed up the quote so now my post is effed.

Above post was supposed to quote Fastboy
Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Large Bat

It's a community center being built two blocks away from Ground Zero on privately-owned property.

But you know what? I wish it were a giant mosque being built right at the center of Ground Zero. Why? Because it's a giant "Go Fuck Yourselves" to the Muslim extremists who hate us because we stand for religious plurality.

And it would also be a giant "Go Fuck Yourselves" to the talking heads who only believe in fundamental American rights and values when it's fucking convenient.

Fanon (Live-Erollisi Marr). HE Paladin. <Whit`s End>
Old 09-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanon_EMarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a community center being built two blocks away from Ground Zero on privately-owned property.

But you know what? I wish it were a giant mosque being built right at the center of Ground Zero. Why? Because it's a giant "Go Fuck Yourselves" to the Muslim extremists who hate us because we stand for religious plurality.

And it would also be a giant "Go Fuck Yourselves" to the talking heads who only believe in fundamental American rights and values when it's fucking convenient.
qft, honestly what the fuck else are any of you thinking? Your arguements are not only disrespectful to American Muslims, but to Americans in general.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say every person in the country. But there are entire states (Iran for example) that are Muslim Theocracies that have called for destruction on non-muslim states.
The problem with your line of reasoning is that you are associating the people (Muslims) in the state of Iran with the government of the state of Iran. Just because a government is horrible does not make the people who are trapped under it horrible. There is no doubt in my mind that the vast majority of the Iranian people are hoping for the demise of their government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give me a modern example of a Christian theocracy that is doing this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_d...c_of_the_Congo
Old 09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
qft, honestly what the fuck else are any of you thinking? Your arguements are not only disrespectful to American Muslims, but to Americans in general.
This gentlemen and the one he quoted for pres and vice pres.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To say that there are entire countries that believe and hope for the demise of others is an absurd generalization, you do realize that don't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army
Once again, the point is that it isn't a symmetrical counter example. Are you seriously going to compare a small splinter group in Uganda that is tied up in all kinds of other political issues to the Islamic countries that have state wide policies of violent islam?

You miss the point completely by hunting for examples of Christians who do bad things. The scale of the violence between Christians and Muslims is not balanced.

The largest Christian countries in the world are not executing policies of religious hatred. The largest Muslim countries in the world do.

I'd like to be able to say that I'm just as afraid of visiting England or Italy as I am Iran or Afghanistan...the problem is it just isn't so.

Most American Muslims that I know are desperate to divorce themselves from being identified with the type of Islam that rules the middle east.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The problem with your line of reasoning is that you are associating the people (Muslims) in the state of Iran with the government of the state of Iran. Just because a government is horrible does not make the people who are trapped under it horrible. There is no doubt in my mind that the vast majority of the Iranian people are hoping for the demise of their government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_d...c_of_the_Congo
Remember the HUGE civil unrest in IRan recently over the elections? Ya definitely a people in full support of their government.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=azeth;132223]
Quote:

No sorry i cannot provide you an example of the shit you make up.

read a fucking book, for goodness sake.
I don't understand why you think my pointing out that there are no Christian Theocracies in the world that are practicing radical Christianity. This difference is at the heart of the difference between the relative scale of violence between the two faiths.

I guess its easier to curse and tell me to read a book when you don't like what I am saying. For the record, not only do I read books but I was also a practicing Muslim for a short while and know first hand the types of radical thought that circulates in some circles. It is not symmetrical when compared to Christianity.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]