Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2023, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quarm should have The Bazaar in at launch. Put the baz stone in the EC tunnel.

let's just avoid all of the bullshit of the EC tunnel from day 1 on this server.

flag a trader account so it can be online with the player's main account, like on TAKP
What about Miragul's Highway? I've never checked if those go on TAKP.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about Miragul's Highway? I've never checked if those go on TAKP.
dunno if secrets has mentioned firepots

i don't know of any reason why they wouldn't be enabled at kunark launch
Old 09-14-2023, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quarm should have The Bazaar in at launch. Put the baz stone in the EC tunnel.

let's just avoid all of the bullshit of the EC tunnel from day 1 on this server.

flag a trader account so it can be online with the player's main account, like on TAKP
This x 1000.

Just enable Nexus, Bazaar and spires from day 1. Enable a trader flagged account and only allow boxing 1 game account and 1 trader account. Trader characters spawn in bazaar.

Would be lovely.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

There's definitely a quality of life argument to be made for the Bazaar, but I think if that's implemented it should come later in the timeline. Some point in the Kunark era perhaps, once the server has matured a bit. For all of its flaws, there's an undeniable magic to the Classic EQ experience, which includes the EC tunnel as a trading hub. If you change that formula, you rob people of a large part of the nostalgia they're obviously looking for by choosing to play a nearly 25 year old game.

I definitely don't agree that Nexus and porting spires should be available from day one, though. That completely changes the feel of the game. Something like that should only be considered if the server pop was so low that ports were not widely available, which doesn't seem like it will be the case given the interest Quarm is generating. That stuff should only be released with Luclin, as per the live timeline.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:22 PM
Banned

I've seen the 'early trader account' idea brought up on Discord, but haven't seen Secrets engage the idea as best as I can tell since it is a custom change and not classic or even classic like. It's something TAKP players are used to due to what era they are in, but would be a new thing for p99 players. The majority of Old School EQ players are currently playing p99 or off in other Emu/games. This is compared with the smaller population playing on TAKP. Considering some of the concerns of p99 players (ie mousewheel) might lead to higher level of popularity of the server than considering the concerns of TAKP players at least at first. This is my guess and not based on any Secrets communication. Dev input when it does show up is more important and revealing than my observations on this one.

It may be technically a pain to have Bazaar open without Nexus/Luclin entry points prior to Luclin release than it would seem. On discord EC was suggested as an alternative to Bazaar for a trader account, but I am unsure of feasibility of making a custom change like this and how code intensive it is. This would create a future headache of having to transfer those traders to Bazaar from EC when it opens. Again I haven't seen Secrets response on this one. Most likely scenario is players on Quarm will trade similar to p99 without a Bazaar until Luclin is released unless Secrets says otherwise.

Personally I would be a fan of this idea, but it doesn't appear to be top priority re: getting the server off the ground based on Secrets communications so far.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

PoK is already available from launch, that's one access point.

wouldn't take much to put a baz stone in some common place like ec tunnel
Old 09-14-2023, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you change that formula, you rob people of a large part of the nostalgia they're obviously looking for by choosing to play a nearly 25 year old game
only the purist masochists

many more players than them are just trying to play a game 1-2 hrs at a time

there is no monthly sub, so there is no reason to design the game to be time sinky
Old 09-14-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quarm makes me moist.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
PoK is already available from launch, that's one access point.

wouldn't take much to put a baz stone in some common place like ec tunnel
>>
Secrets — 08/09/2023 11:18 AM
To be clear, early concessions on stuff like POK being available were made based on 'general feeling' from TAKP's history. We removed POK at launch because to be quite frank, I didn't expect so many folks to be okay with it being gone until Planes.
>>

PoK not in at launch. Current communication is it will come online in era in PoP.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

aaaand another reason to play quarm is gone

already did classic eq back in 2000 and twice on p99

see ya'll at quarm luclin launch in what, 2027?
Closed Thread