Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my solution. A/A stop raiding for one week every month and let the rest of the server kill some things. It's simple and reasonable. LMK.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not hypocrisy its a simple judgement call. The current server rules favour poopsocking combined with high availability and actively prohibit scheduled raiding. And that's the core difference here. It's nothing to do with being able to race FTE or not, as many have said, anyone can participate in that.

But being able to get 40 people online within 1 hour is not viable for a lot of guild set ups. Heck it's not even desireable for most guilds even if it was viable.

So the judgement call is this. Keep the server rules as they are, favour poopsocking and pander to less than 200 people. Or change the rules, require rotation, and favour 2500 people.
1. As you all have seen, aside from 5 mobs, 40 people is overkill for most content.

2. If you cant field 40 all hours, thats fine. You set up and try your luck at winning an FTE during your guilds prime time. Once that window has expired, call it a day.

Im open to discussion between all guilds but to expect a full out rotation is highly unlikely.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Please see my suggestion, Deterks.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apart from the strawman you pulled out of your ass right there - P99 is a server that's supposed to be as close to classic as possible.

So to ignore that obvious strawman and answer the relevant question you accidentally asked - "what about P99 says?"

Answer: Rotations and lists were classic and your FTE alt tabbing bind sighting lawyerquesting skype sharing BS racing is not. Now I'm not suggesting any particular change here because I don't really care just answering the question you accidentally asked.
All guilds not seeing content was also classic. These rotations you speak of on live happened as the top guilds moved on to the next expansion.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also have heard from multiple guild leaders that these "agreements" made over the last few days were not as peachy as you all say they were. I won't out these leaders nor the guild, but I believe my sources.
I'll chime in a bit on this since I'm involved in the discussions. We came in to the party a little late and were the underdogs (non alliance), so some selections were a little difficult until we proved ourselves capable. I can't speak so much about the other party but that's more or less how it was for Infernus.

Also, the quake took most of us off-guard and that caused a little delay/confusion with the re-selection of mobs but given the time and how quickly we adopted, I'd say the leaders did a good job in agreeing once again to the mob distribution. Mind you this is new for majority of us coming together so albeit it's not perfect, it worked.

In the end a lot of "proving our mettle" has been done. From here on should there be a situation like this again, I can safely say that these guilds involved can very quickly come to an arrangement since the foundation has been laid
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Btw, the all encompassing fix is simple:

No more weekly spawns;
Repop once a week on a variance.

No tracking, all guilds participate, problem solved.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my solution. A/A stop raiding for one week every month and let the rest of the server kill some things. It's simple and reasonable. LMK.
I actually think this is very reasonable and a good start, if nothing else better can be arranged
Old 01-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

Other solutions:

Fix loot tables to drop classic number of items
Reduce spawn timers to 3.5 days, and implement a Class R / Class C system
Do both
Do nothing

/shrug, just spitballing.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course it would suck that most hardcore raiders will park their menagerie of 60s out to get first picks but this would be a pretty sweet solution since no one has a headstart on knowing when mob is up

how many level 60s would you, personally, have parked at different locations tho detoxx?
1 60. Wouldn't matter considering you can only engage with one mob at a time. Your argument is misinformed.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. As you all have seen, aside from 5 mobs, 40 people is overkill for most content.

2. If you cant field 40 all hours, thats fine. You set up and try your luck at winning an FTE during your guilds prime time. Once that window has expired, call it a day.

Im open to discussion between all guilds but to expect a full out rotation is highly unlikely.
You do love a good strawman argument.

In order for the server to offer raid content throughout a week (so that it might somehow coincide with a guild scheduling raid time) is minimum of 11 weeks and would require at least one mob killed in the initial window to spawn in the first hour of its repop window every single week AND at least one mob killed in the initial window to spawn at its latest repop window every single week.

And even after those 11 weeks, the statistical chance that this happened and there is a content window open 24/7 through a week is still very low (less than 2%).

When did P99 last stay online, not reset and not repopped for 11 weeks?
Closed Thread