Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi everyone, thank you so much for the input and insight! I am pumped to kill something other than Sarnaks, goblins, and grimalkins. My Shaman buddy just hit 29 (+ new spell set), so he is ready for the journey.

I'm waiting to hit 30 (almost there) *before we depart* so that I can visit the Monk trainer in Cabilis one last time before lvl 35.

Question: Upon hitting 30, should I expect any type of damage increase with the damage cap coming off? I have been wielding my heavy/trusty Wu's Quivering Staff. I can't complain about the damage now-- hits into the high 50s at times at lvl 29 depending on buffs.

Wu's staff is the nicest item I own by a long-shot and, from what I read, should hopefully be able to serve me for a while? I'm also hoping that Flying Kick will be a nice upgrade to swinging my tail.

Secondary question: I have never done any "sneak banking" or vending - do I need to ensure I stay behind the banker when doing this? Just make sure they con indifferently before right-clicking? While I'll make sure to be uber-cautious, any tips on this would also be uber-appreciated. I'll also try to read-up on the forums.

Thanks again for all of the info, everyone.
you can access your vault even as the banker tries to kill you. That said, if kos best practice is to stay out of sight and interact with 3rd person view.

With merchants sneak from behind will give you indif faction for vending, but there are plenty of vendors that will have faction to vend without sneak.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely go to Sol A. It has one of the highest xp bonuses in the game making for insanely fast xp and it's good plat for a non-twink some of the ore vendors for like 40+pp I think and a lot of fine steel drops, plus a few items that sell for 100ppish to players.

The monk can sneak and use the Goblin vendor right in the zone and he also sells bandages. You can do the goblins until the high 30's maybe 40 and then the gnomes until 45ish. The shaman can either have the monk vendor for him or vendor at the druid ring outside in Lavastorm.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Triiz, this is awesome! Thanks for the extra info re: the Goblin vendor and bandages (as well as the druid ring vendor in lavastorm). You may have made my mind up for me! I loved the exp bonus we got when hunting in Kurn's Tower
Old 03-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Iksar vendor map

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/M...arGuideV1.jpeg
Old 03-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

Awesome, thank you Pope Hat!
Old 03-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Okay, about to leave Kunark for the first time to head to Sol A. As an Iksar Monk, where is the best/safest place to get bound nearest Sol A?
Old 03-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

My iksar monk is bound in the noob field by Ping Fizzlecutter in Freeport.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Banned

It's easy to bind in Neriak. You can simply sneak past the guards as you walk in and out. It's where I was bound during my sol a days
Old 03-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Made it to Sol A! And then promptly fell into the lava and died. Hahah, classic EQ experience if I've ever had one. Major props to Zuull for helping me retrieve my corpse super late last night.

We may give it another go tonight or, conversely, might try coming back in a couple levels (perhaps with someone that knows the zone better). Very noob moment on my part!
Old 03-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Just in case any other 30-something newbs are reading this thread, Skarlorn has graciously created a wiki guide for leveling in Sol A (and avoiding a fiery demise): https://wiki.project1999.com/Skarlor...leveling-guide

I haven't been able to use the guide yet but plan to do so next time I head that way. Thanks again Skarlorn
Closed Thread