Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-05-2022, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the fun people will be in hell with me
Seriously, we already tried the whole Puritan thing and it unraveled itself in like, fifty years

Denial of fun goes against human nature
Old 10-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh, men do it too though. It’s a simple concept, dates back probably thousands of years IYGIFI:

If
You
Got
It
Flaunt
It

Dudes in my gym be wearing those spaghetti strap tank tops because it’s as close to shirtless as they are allowed to get without getting kicked out
I personally don't see men complain about being objectified.

However, I have heard slutty men complain about slutty women, but that's hypocrisy - not cognitive dissonance.

I'm sure men suffer from cognitive dissonance as well - it just doesn't seem blatant, mainstream, and supported like a lot of cognitive dissonance is that comes from Feminism.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So does authoritarianism, but they're both closely linked, if not, the same thing.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be honest. The world you want to create seems boring as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How to lose weight and look good (moral) while you do it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what do u mean those ppl look happy those colors look great and i bet they are healthy as fuck
Old 10-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Seriously, we already tried the whole Puritan thing and it unraveled itself in like, fifty years

come on lets be real if you want to talk about denial

the satan party canceled every comedian

wont let you say retard

among like 500 other things you cant do

cant even like pantera anymore
Old 10-05-2022, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what do u mean those ppl look happy those colors look great and i bet they are healthy as fuck
I confessed to my parents that I might try to join the Amish (there's a huge community here) because it looks appealing.

I'm not even religious, and I'm pretty sure if god exists - it hates us.

But the Amish are the closest thing to actual anarcho-primitivism.

And it calls to me.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don't see men complain about being objectified.

However, I have heard slutty men complain about slutty women, but that's hypocrisy - not cognitive dissonance.

I'm sure men suffer from cognitive dissonance as well - it just doesn't seem blatant, mainstream, and supported like a lot of cognitive dissonance is that comes from Feminism.
Yeah it is weird that not only do men not care at all about being objectified, but the body positivity movement is almost entirely women, you don’t see fat men as part of that, at least not an outspoken part. It’s so glaring that there were even memes of “real men have curves” of a fat guy with a shirt off, that were funny because they were so absurd. No fat men have been trying to convince women they’re attractive

Also yea there is a double standard when it comes to slut shaming. A slutty man is considered high status, while it’s the opposite for a slutty woman

“A key that can open many locks is considered a Master Key. A lock that accepts many keys is considered a shitty lock”

I’m assuming the difference in treatment of sluts is also partly biological, due to women being able to get pregnant. Of course this is also a negative for men as a whole, because one (very happy) man can be accomplishing the reproductive responsibility of many. Not true for women
Old 10-05-2022, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure there is, that's precisely what toxic masculinity is and it's supported by all kinds of various mainstream forces

Why do you think so many dumbasses think they should try to be like, I dunno, Tommy Shelby or Tyler Durden? They're fun characters but not to be emulated, not unless the viewer has missed the point of both narratives
Old 10-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah it is weird that not only do men not care at all about being objectified, but the body positivity movement is almost entirely women, you don’t see fat men as part of that, at least not an outspoken part. It’s so glaring that there were even memes of “real men have curves” of a fat guy with a shirt off, that were funny because they were so absurd. No fat men have been trying to convince women they’re attractive

Also yea there is a double standard when it comes to slut shaming. A slutty man is considered high status, while it’s the opposite for a slutty woman

“A key that can open many locks is considered a Master Key. A lock that accepts many keys is considered a shitty lock”

I’m assuming the difference in treatment of sluts is also partly biological, due to women being able to get pregnant. Of course this is also a negative for men as a whole, because one (very happy) man can be accomplishing the reproductive responsibility of many. Not true for women
It's almost like this narrative pushed by misogynists is at odds with itself

Here's the psuedo-science I perceive with this type of argument:

1.) Males have a biological imperative to impregnate as many women as possible
2.) Females have a biological imperative to get impregnated multiple times by a single man
3.) Males want promiscuous women for point 1
4.) Males want non-promiscuous women for point 2

The sum of this is from a woman's perspective, men want women to be chaste, while being permitted socially to be not-chaste themselves. Would you think that seemed fair if it happened to you? Feminism is the natural result of this friction
Old 10-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sure there is, that's precisely what toxic masculinity is and it's supported by all kinds of various mainstream forces

Why do you think so many dumbasses think they should try to be like, I dunno, Tommy Shelby or Tyler Durden? They're fun characters but not to be emulated, not unless the viewer has missed the point of both narratives
How is this Cognitive Dissonance?