Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-27-2023, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

You can say cunt whenever you like, not however you like.

Staff are a good bunch of cunts (appreciative) so don’t be a cunt (derogatory) and dis them mate.

I hope this helps.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-27-2023, 06:47 AM
Banned

just looking for context for what happened

one time on green there was this half elf warrior training people in mistmoore and cursing them out in ooc and instead of banning them they teleported him to east freeport (I assume this was his bind point)

so im just curious if cursing is now taken way more seriously than it used to be because i remember the gms trying to reason with him in ooc for a second before finally just teleporting him out lol

its hard to imagine we gone from like cursing is allowed to if you curse all your accounts are perma'd in such a short time period

edit: i actually dont think he was training people, i think he was just taking their mobs because he felt wronged by them or something
Old 01-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just looking for context for what happened

one time on green there was this half elf warrior training people in mistmoore and cursing them out in ooc and instead of banning them they teleported him to east freeport (I assume this was his bind point)

so im just curious if cursing is now taken way more seriously than it used to be because i remember the gms trying to reason with him in ooc for a second before finally just teleporting him out lol

its hard to imagine we gone from like cursing is allowed to if you curse all your accounts are perma'd in such a short time period

edit: i actually dont think he was training people, i think he was just taking their mobs because he felt wronged by them or something
He said a curse word. It's 2023... Grown children play this game. He should've known better then to call a cunt to her face.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like an abuse of power for a minimal infraction.

People talk about maturity, but the one with the most maturity must be the person wielding the power.

Flying off the handle and banning someone for a week because of a swear word embodies some prepubescent maturity levels.

"Oh he did a small bad thing, that gives me the leverage to drop the hammer!" Is exactly the kind of emotionally stunted person you don't want adjudicating player penalties.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 01-27-2023 at 11:06 AM..
Old 01-27-2023, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

why is it when someone comes to the forums to try and drum up support after they receive a Ban, it's always 'according to them' for some tiny thing they 'accidently' did.

We all know there is much more that, "oh i just said one rude word"
Old 01-27-2023, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is it when someone comes to the forums to try and drum up support after they receive a Ban, it's always 'according to them' for some tiny thing they 'accidently' did.

We all know there is much more that, "oh i just said one rude word"
Really? Because we have guides openly admitting they have to go by other people's words and don't have the ability to review anything more than printed logs.

I find your lack of suspicion towards authority to be very un-american like

In short, this is poor arbitration at best; at worst, it's a power hungry guide flexing ban powers in an abusive manner. Both reasons aren't flattering.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 01-27-2023 at 11:31 AM..
Old 01-27-2023, 12:22 PM
Banned

C U Next Tuesday (when the ban is lifted)
Old 01-27-2023, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

remember when the internet was great and you could say whatever the fuck you wanted
Old 01-27-2023, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
remember when the internet was great and you could say whatever the fuck you wanted
Fuckin pearl clutching moral policing leftists...
Old 01-27-2023, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two things I hate more then curses are people who are always right. My mother used to say. God rest his soul.