Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-20-2024, 10:49 PM
Large Rat

Smile So long and thanks for all the fish

I'm hanging up my cleats on EQ and I'd like to say a few parting words.

I found P99 looking to indulge myself in nostalgia and have some fun. Happily, I can announce the mission was a complete success. While I don't have the time to play moving forward, I didn't feel right without writing a conclusion to this adventure.

First, thanks to the folks who put together P99 and maintain it. Without your efforts, I could not have refreshed all my good memories of this game.

I'd like to thank all the folks on the Green server. Pretty much universally you were all cool as hell to a player restarting with nothing at all. Thanks to the helpful player base I was able to build a raid-level toon from a zero start in just a few weeks. Complete strangers were generous time and time again and this really helped me get the most out of the time I had to play.

I've already given thanks to the guild that let me raid with them, even though my new character didn't have that much to offer. They patiently put up with me re-learning everything about the high-end game with all the oopses and mistakes I made not remembering how to get through and around all the raid zones.

I'd like to thank the people who put on this forum the useful information that got me restarted, including the tech support in setting up and all the detailed game mechanics so I could understand the environment again.

If I had more time on my hands I would definitely be playing with you all well into the future.

Thank you all for everything and may your good karma return a thousand-fold.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:50 AM
Banned

Goodbye and G-d speed
Old 02-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Kobold

Your toons don't get purged for non-use, so no need to quit. I took years off at one point in the past. Recently been on couple weeks on/ couple weeks off mode. Won't BIS slot a toon in casual mode, but still enjoyable to play that style. Good luck in your future.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiabait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm hanging up my cleats on EQ and I'd like to say a few parting words.

I found P99 looking to indulge myself in nostalgia and have some fun. Happily, I can announce the mission was a complete success. While I don't have the time to play moving forward, I didn't feel right without writing a conclusion to this adventure.

First, thanks to the folks who put together P99 and maintain it. Without your efforts, I could not have refreshed all my good memories of this game.

I'd like to thank all the folks on the Green server. Pretty much universally you were all cool as hell to a player restarting with nothing at all. Thanks to the helpful player base I was able to build a raid-level toon from a zero start in just a few weeks. Complete strangers were generous time and time again and this really helped me get the most out of the time I had to play.

I've already given thanks to the guild that let me raid with them, even though my new character didn't have that much to offer. They patiently put up with me re-learning everything about the high-end game with all the oopses and mistakes I made not remembering how to get through and around all the raid zones.

I'd like to thank the people who put on this forum the useful information that got me restarted, including the tech support in setting up and all the detailed game mechanics so I could understand the environment again.

If I had more time on my hands I would definitely be playing with you all well into the future.

Thank you all for everything and may your good karma return a thousand-fold.
The good news is that P99 will be here again if you ever get the itch to hop into Norrath once more. I think most players are on again off again
Old 02-21-2024, 11:45 AM
Banned

Old 02-21-2024, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiabait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was able to build a raid-level toon from a zero start in just a few weeks

They patiently put up with me re-learning everything about the high-end game with all the oopses and mistakes I made not remembering how to get through and around all the raid zones.
This reeks of shitter.

Sorry, I meant, thanks for coming, can I have your stuff?
Old 02-21-2024, 03:34 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This reeks of shitter.

Sorry, I meant, thanks for coming, can I have your stuff?
if you can't build a raid-level toon in 5-6 weeks with a server full of extremely helpful and kind players you are not very good at this game and/or have a terrible personality... from your comment the latter seems certain and the former very likely

all my stuff went to the people who helped me along the way, and you obviously were not one of them
Old 02-21-2024, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
if you can't build a raid-level toon in 5-6 weeks with a server full of extremely helpful and kind players you are not very good at this game and/or have a terrible personality... from your comment the latter seems certain and the former very likely

all my stuff went to the people who helped me along the way, and you obviously were not one of them
i cant imagine leveling to 60 in 5 weeks lol

glad you can finally go outside by quitting eq
Old 02-21-2024, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
raid-level toon in 5-6 weeks
Another worthless 56 druid
Old 02-21-2024, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

You're welcome.