Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 01:34 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone's ignoring this post and just in awe of big numbers like "88%", but 88% of .001 would still be a jack shit ZEM above the baseline value. So the playerbase still doesn't have anything close to the whole picture as we don't really know the baselines or the specific ZEM's on top of them.

So if we know a zone was already barely better than baseline, something like 88% might not make it suddenly better than Unrest if the modifier to Unrest was still much much higher in the first place.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-27-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki ZEM pages should just be completely removed, they cause way way too much confusion. Their entire basis is a guess, and given that "I don't know where the values on the wiki come from, and we do not reference those" maybe it's time for them to just go.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki ZEM pages should just be completely removed, they cause way way too much confusion. Their entire basis is a guess, and given that "I don't know where the values on the wiki come from, and we do not reference those" maybe it's time for them to just go.
I think that's likely throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We know the wiki is based on 2003 numbers (thanks Dolalin), and we also know that they're off mainly because Verant changed ZEMs in 2002 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=30).

But Verant would have had to have massively changed the numbers for them to be worthless here. Even if they changed every zone an average of 10% ZEM ... I'd still rather have a number in the wiki that's on average within 10% deviation of the right number, than have no numbers whatsoever.

With no numbers, the number you have to use is a guess, and that guess will likely be for 100% ZEM. So in short, while no one knows exactly how wrong the wiki numbers are, as long as they are closer to the real numbers than they are to 100% (ie. the number you'd guess), they're more useful existing than not.

What I think the real solution would be is for people to start collecting data (good, consistent data, like kiling a mob of the same level in the same zone over and over). The more data points people submit, and the more stats nerds get involved in analyzing them, the sooner we can start finding P99-accurate (or at least closer to accurate) numbers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:57 AM
Sarnak

really sorry if this has been answered but i was skimming through the post for certain verbiage and may have missed it ... do these new ZEMs apply to blue server as well? thanks for your time folks.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

You'll notice that there's zones that aren't on green yet listed, and generally every update unless specified will be across blue/green/red.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll notice that there's zones that aren't on green yet listed, and generally every update unless specified will be across blue/green/red.
Roger, thanks for the update and apologies for the DD fail.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:09 PM
Banned

Yesssss! Suck a cheetah's dick, HighKeep
Old 03-28-2020, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

First off I'll say I like the zem changes, as someone who actually used those zones like perma and runny; I always wanted to xp there regularly but couldn't justify it vs higher zem zones all the time and would fall behind if I didnt.

But gotta just say, people have been banned or hammered with the 'prove it isn't classic' nonsense or the famous 'not-classic' over the last 10 years complaining about this very subject. Its disappointing to see that suddenly everyone is on board with some common sense changes now that the population has jumped.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:29 PM
Kobold

health and balance of the game > #nochanges
Old 03-28-2020, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesssss! Suck a cheetah's dick, HighKeep
Highkeep is perfectly fine still and remains great xp. You're going to be disappointed if you were hoping to see this phenomenon die.
Closed Thread