Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 08:19 PM
Banned

Default Wiz Underrated

TR in Crushbone is an example of typical chain pulling speed all the way up to 50. Places like Solb royals and fear have about the same tempo of mobs.

I can sustain one nuke per mob at minimum and do about 30%. See screenshots:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

100% / 5 DPS classes is 20%. That means in order to be on par with other DPS you need to at least do 20% damage per mob.

So as a wizard i'm already more efficient than the other DPS in my group even without clarity or higher DPM spells. Not to mention quad AOE's that I havn't been able to test yet.

So don't just reject all wizards from your group. They can be one of the best DPS if they know how to nuke at the right time, stay medding, while ducking overnukes.

The only time they suck is if the player sucks. From what i've seen so far anyway.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

"OOM, brb"

*looks at Netflix*

(no activity for ~3 mins)
Old 03-26-2020, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Wizards are incredible man
Old 03-26-2020, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"OOM, brb"

*looks at Netflix*

(no activity for ~3 mins)
Yeah that's a typical wiz. But so far i've been nuking once per mob and actually gaining mana over time. With C and higher lvls spells will be even better.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

If more were like that I'd have them in any group I make. Same for necros who charm pets and feed mana/health.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

So a lvl 39 wizard uses Lightning Shock (383dmg) in a group kill kobolds in solb (1575 hp). Thats 24% of their hp for 162 mana (180 base - 10% evocation specialization) . At this point they are regenerating 16 mana/tick. So approximately every 60 seconds a wizard can do 24% dmg to a lvl 35 mob. Higher level mobs bringing lower % and higher resist chance. Without clarity or anything to boost this is only a little over 6 dps sustained. Which is pretty bad. But i guess you would need to think about how many mobs you're killing before repops in your particular camp to determine how many casts per mob you can afford. They can also pretty quickly delete a dangerous add. They just seem a lot more finicky about when they are a good choice.

That said I would always invite one because I secretly want to have a wizard so I want them to be successful.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's a typical wiz. But so far i've been nuking once per mob and actually gaining mana over time. With C and higher lvls spells will be even better.
You are doing it right.

The worst Wizard I ever played with was in Highkeep two weeks ago. I forgot his name though, but he had a manastone, and would instantly nuke on pull like 3-4 times with his lightning nuke with the 0.0 stun component, manastone his HP bar down low, ask not to be healed, then die multiple times. He was really incredibly bad.

A real Wizard is one who knows that he is a true Artillery piece that doesn't act as a footman to take a hill like a sustained DPS. He acts as a supremely improved form of CC - to hold a reserve capable of erasing threats when they happen, and going easy nukes at midrange/lowHP when they don't. When you play a Wizard well, people also notice eventually but it takes a few disasters erased. Good wizards aren't asleep at the keyboard. They blow a hole in the wall at the right time.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So a lvl 39 wizard uses Lightning Shock (383dmg) in a group kill kobolds in solb (1575 hp). Thats 24% of their hp for 162 mana (180 base - 10% evocation specialization) . At this point they are regenerating 16 mana/tick. So approximately every 60 seconds a wizard can do 24% dmg to a lvl 35 mob. Higher level mobs bringing lower % and higher resist chance. Without clarity or anything to boost this is only a little over 6 dps sustained. Which is pretty bad. But i guess you would need to think about how many mobs you're killing before repops in your particular camp to determine how many casts per mob you can afford. They can also pretty quickly delete a dangerous add. They just seem a lot more finicky about when they are a good choice.

That said I would always invite one because I secretly want to have a wizard so I want them to be successful.
Good luck warriors/monks handling that every pull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2020, 09:23 PM
Kobold

Wouldn't the smart wizard just wait until the mob is at 25% or so then nuke it?
Old 03-26-2020, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't the smart wizard just wait until the mob is at 25% or so then nuke it?
Yes but its about 50%. The optimal time to nuke is when you can get it to a sliver without going over. So if you pull agro it dies immediately but nothing is wasted.

Now if you have slow pulls and you're at 95% mana with a good hybrid then you can nuke twice at 75% or whatever to keep your regen going.

But you also wanna keep your mana high in case of an overpull. So if you're at half mana then you should only be nuking once per mob so you can catch up in case you need to dump it all in an emergency.
Last edited by Hazek; 03-26-2020 at 09:38 PM..
Closed Thread