Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

cd288 defends enchanters in every single iteration of this thread. I remember him posting the same overly defensive arguments in a "enchanters op?" thread at the beginning of green
Old 03-21-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For anyone looking for a TLDR on OP’s rantings and ravings: Basically he has a vendetta against enchanters (maybe one was mean to him once) and likes to whine that things should be nerfed but for almost every single one of his demands he provides no actual solid evidence to support them. Saved you minutes of your life reading his long winded rants
I feel OP has received some great constructive criticism and is really upping his game in terms of eq web archaeology.

Perhaps animation hp will be the next vendor charm nerf?!
Old 03-21-2021, 05:00 PM
Skeleton

I find it amusing that WoW Classic has had a very similar experience to classic EQ.

All these raids that many people remembered as being challenging are now often beaten by pugs.

DPS warriors were largely considered bad because they'd just pull aggro and die - now half of a raid is warriors. Kinda like how enchanters were terrible because if they charm they just die!

People spamming consumables, world buffs, engineering bombs, and everything else at their disposal to further trivialize things that aren't very difficult in the first place -> clickies/wort pots/etc.

Mages aoeing down entire instances -> bards swarming
Old 03-21-2021, 05:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one charmed until dire charm, and you all know it
Dire charm was only good up to a lvl 46 mob so it generally made it pretty useless. It was only good for camping lower lvl dungeons where you need a reliable pet for long durations.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Dire charm was popular in plane of innovation and plane of storms. Loads of POP zones seemed to have a 46 just for people to dire charm (and players would argue over whose turn it was to use the mob!)
Old 03-21-2021, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Capture of enchanter pet HP from classic era says you're wrong. Both should be nerfed as should all the other issues like channeling, stats over 200, etc. You just think it's fine for other classes but not your own.
Nope, like I said, it just further shows how dumb you are. you are trusting the wiki to be gospel. Turns out the wiki is almost entirely wrong on every mobs stats in the game, including pets. if you would be able to rub two brain cells together you would have check that first before rely on any of the information found in it. Garbage in, garbage out; gargabe poster, garbage thread.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:07 PM
Banned

Waiting for them to cave and post the patch note any day now. Keep hitting em. You're winning the ruin EQ war.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cd288 defends enchanters in every single iteration of this thread. I remember him posting the same overly defensive arguments in a "enchanters op?" thread at the beginning of green
And I don’t even play an enchanter. I just think OP is whiney and annoying and either needs to find actual evidence or stop spamming whiney threads
Old 03-22-2021, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by qezelia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it amusing that WoW Classic has had a very similar experience to classic EQ.

All these raids that many people remembered as being challenging are now often beaten by pugs.

DPS warriors were largely considered bad because they'd just pull aggro and die - now half of a raid is warriors. Kinda like how enchanters were terrible because if they charm they just die!

People spamming consumables, world buffs, engineering bombs, and everything else at their disposal to further trivialize things that aren't very difficult in the first place -> clickies/wort pots/etc.

Mages aoeing down entire instances -> bards swarming
Its actually kind of cool how far we came in MMO skill though. The latest FFXIV content is actually excitingly challenging in terms of mechanics the likes of which no other MMO, even WoW has achieved. Like, no game has ever come close to the technicality and difficulty of the mechanics. Thats the best part of that game
Old 03-22-2021, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

ah this thread again. anyone propose a reasonable charm nerf yet?

if it just lasts less time or got resisted more it will only cost more mana to do aoe stuns and remezzies; they'll still be the best levelers and decent groups and competing guilds will still ask you to do it

enc has a pretty strong toolset all around. Imo the cats outta the bag on this one. enc players are legitimately more familiar with it in 2021 than they were in 1999. and yes I'm open to discussing a nerf, just not sure what meaningful fix you could apply without just making up unclassic rules like restricting the target levels to greens only or something else with no classic precedent

even then, all youd have to do is adjust and reverse charm and you're still on top, except in a new, custom way we would Know is unclassic instead of just debating from memory
Last edited by bubur; 03-22-2021 at 01:39 AM..
Closed Thread