Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Default Modding/changing character model aka my Troll is ugly

Hello. I was wondering if there's any way to change what race my character appears as in game. I recently got back to EQ and went with a Troll SK which seemed like the best race for the class but I honestly can't stand staring at the Troll ass crack any longer, it's so grating and ugly.

Is there any way to change how my character appears without breaking any rules about changing game files? Sadly there seems none of the illusion clickies are available to my race/class and all the illusion line spells are self-cast only.

I've been logging on less and less and this is probably the biggest reason why, which might seem stupid but it's true, so any help I can get on this topic would be much appreciated!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Best solution is to roll something else. There are a few items that grant illusions though one (guises of the deceiver) no longer drops and another (amulet of necropotence) drops from Cazic Thule. I'd reroll as a Dark Elf ^^
Old 09-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Ball_of_Golem_Clay

Drops in Cazic Thule, the zone, and gives Earth Elemental illusion for ~20 minutes or so.

As Melon said, Guise is usable by all from inventory, but no longer drops naturally and is very rarely awarded in rare GM events.

Amulet of Necropotence is usable from inventory by all, but drops from Cazic Thule, the god, and goes for hundreds of thousands of plat.

If you have been playing for less than a month, just reroll, run both characters to EC, and ask someone to transfer your items.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Ball_of_Golem_Clay

Drops in Cazic Thule, the zone, and gives Earth Elemental illusion for ~20 minutes or so.
Well now that's kinda cool. I never knew about those ^^
Old 09-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well now that's kinda cool. I never knew about those ^^
You have to be lvl 50 to use Golem Clay, so you would be staring at the troll butt for a long time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Kobold

So guise of the deceiver can be activated through your inventory? Is the same true for other clicky illusions? For example on the wiki there's a "new version of guise of the deceiver" called Mask of deception which seems to drop from Lower Guk. It's not wearable by my race/class but would it work from inventory as well?
Old 09-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Kobold

I thought there was a way to get the "newer" skins that came out during Luclin. Maybe that would give your troll butt the face lift it needs?
Old 09-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Banned

Put on some pants
1st Person View
Old 09-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappman123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So guise of the deceiver can be activated through your inventory? Is the same true for other clicky illusions? For example on the wiki there's a "new version of guise of the deceiver" called Mask of deception which seems to drop from Lower Guk. It's not wearable by my race/class but would it work from inventory as well?
No the mask of deception only works for rogues/bards.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era'viss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought there was a way to get the "newer" skins that came out during Luclin. Maybe that would give your troll butt the face lift it needs?
That ability was removed by the development team.
Closed Thread