Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Whatever it is currently at seems a decent balance. Not so high that it's easy to camp a single skellie or whatever, but high enough that there's generally a mob around to kill if you're not being too picky (at least in levels 1-3).
Old 10-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever it is currently at seems a decent balance. Not so high that it's easy to camp a single skellie or whatever, but high enough that there's generally a mob around to kill if you're not being too picky (at least in levels 1-3).
Right. Make it even harder for new players to catch up to the people who got a head start on the server.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Nah, catching up to the folks who got a head start isn't really an issue with a server that has 1500 people during the dead of night. Folks are constantly restarting or making alts even now, or made 'slave' alts to level up first to feed their newly rolled main. The only issue new players on Green might be facing now might be higher level players bottom feeding on the faster spawning mobs for rusty weapons / cloth drops because they're fukkin' poor. I'm not on the server so I'm only speculating that might be an issue during prime time.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1500 people during the dead of night
Pop bottomed out well under 1000 last night. I enjoyed watching the count while unable to sleep. I believe it got all the way under 600 by like 5-6 am eastern.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

I stand corrected. I just eyeballed the number at nearly 11:00 pm pacific time and shrugged at how full the place was. Either way, catching up to the top 20% of leveled characters at this stage of the game is a non issue. Well, if we're talking about the frame of time limited by when Legacy items stop dropping, which is the only finish line worth mentioning.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stand corrected. I just eyeballed the number at nearly 11:00 pm pacific time and shrugged at how full the place was. Either way, catching up to the top 20% of leveled characters at this stage of the game is a non issue. Well, if we're talking about the frame of time limited by when Legacy items stop dropping, which is the only finish line worth mentioning.
Are you offering to level up our toons ?
Old 10-30-2019, 01:03 AM
Fire Giant

God no. I was just going with the understanding that the damned server launched late last week and it's like 7 months to the finish line for the end of legacy items dropping. If someone can't make it to level 50 and get one or two /List items for their character within that time on their own, they're suffering from a developmentally disabled handicap and I wouldn't get any government money from assisting them.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks!

Honestly my experience after it was lowered to 40% was that I was previously able to go around and get consistent kills, then it suddenly lowered to a kill every few minutes. Just so many people lol.
Yeah, nice to get the intel. At first I thought it was just my imagination!
Old 10-30-2019, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
God no. I was just going with the understanding that the damned server launched late last week and it's like 7 months to the finish line for the end of legacy items dropping. If someone can't make it to level 50 and get one or two /List items for their character within that time on their own, they're suffering from a developmentally disabled handicap and I wouldn't get any government money from assisting them.
I hope you realize that what will limit most people from making 50 and/or getting list items in 7 months is the time available for them to play, not their own mental capabilities. Yes, some of us are totally content playing 10-15 hours per week max. It took me almost 2 years to make 60 on blue and that was fine with me.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spawn time reduction was not removed. It was 80% at launch, and it was lowered to 40% this morning, which is still a significant reduction.

I'll move it up to 60% for now.
Thanks i was just thinking a few hrs ago how it looked like it was lowered and now spent the last 3 hrs geting 2 yellow at lvl 3. It went from sucking to sucking less but still sucking to back to sucking glad to see things are fine tuned that way atm. my grp at bb ent just fell apart bc a lvl 9 mage refused to leave since he still wanted fangs and the actual lvl 3s and 4s in the grp stopped getting xp hits, and nobody wanted to go inside because "lol do you know how hard it would be to tag a gnoll in there?"

whatever 5 servers come after teal cant come soon enough.
Last edited by Lovebags; 11-02-2019 at 01:43 PM..
Closed Thread