Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation Brusco`s Boastful Bellow Broken!

Brusco`s Boastful Bellow (lvl 12 bard DD) is supposed to offer significant knockback! There is NO knockback at all!

This is the main reason this was useful in pvp -- in fact, probably our only useful pvp song until higher lvls ..

Please fix this ASAP, it's very important. It used to knockback enough to interrupt spells 100% from the movement it knocks you

EDIT: LUCY SOURCE BELOW!!
\/
\/

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...04&setcookie=1
"Knockback: 1 [ft]"

^
^
Last edited by xblade724; 12-09-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Fire Giant

I think the knockback is still there but it's so insignificant that it won't make a difference in pvp.

I was on a ZL and a bard casted the dd on me and I zoned. So literally it moves you .1 feet... I remember it being a lot bigger on live, but my "iirc's" dont really matter much, I just know the knockback on this is very very small atm.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

Yes -- the knockback on live classic was very dramatic. It's the entire reason I've been looking forward to 12 since it interrupts spells and doesnt allow people to hide behind the bank with me around in kelethin. Sorta destroyed my hopes and dreams. Please fix the knockback that was in classic eq
Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Large Rat

Would love to see this fixed as well...I have a feeling there are going to be all kinds of little things that are going to effect pvp negatively. We just havn't found em yet=(
Old 12-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Bump for great justice! This is the soul of a pvp bard! Should be an easy fix (I hope)
Old 12-08-2011, 03:39 AM
Banned

I can't believe I'm about to say this:

This song did have about a .5'-1' knockback component. However, it did not unfailingly interrupt spells in PvP, at least by Kunark.

What we have on Blue99, anyway, is a huge knockback-interrupting-spells component. I'm fairly certain that code is also on R99, meaning that if this song was updated to act in a Classic manner, the code that was put in for knockback-interrupts would make it OVERpowered, because it would do so every time.

What we need is for this song to have a base chance to interrupt spells of around 50%.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Fire Giant

Absolutely not -- bards are underpowered as hell at lower lvls when it's actually useful. It's really all we got.

Yes, it's significant knockback ... and the chance to interrupt spells should be the same as any knockback spell. You can easily avoid this by standing against a wall, especially in a corner. Or if you just resist the spell in general. There are countless alternatives to preventing this.

While you guys have pets stronger than warriors with constant root + dd's, we have our little 6 dmg DD with some knockback.

It was classic and should be 100% as intended. Bump for knockback fix.

To clarify, it is not a stun spell interrupt, it is merely a movement interrupt

Edit:

I am a level 12 bard and you know what I can do ? I can't use my only damage song because it's an AE and hits extra mobs, group members .. oh wait! I have my lvl 12 that does..... oh what, 6 dmg in pvp if they don't resist? Oh wait! Let me use my haste song for my weapon that does not nearly as much dmg as any other class .. hrm..

This is classic. We need this.
Last edited by xblade724; 12-09-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

SOURCE:
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...04&setcookie=1
"Knockback: 1 [ft]"

Found the source on Lucy! Added this to OP
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

there is a knockback on this, but good luck getting it to interrupt shit with these generous channelling rules fails off around ~15 and completely worthless after ~20 id reckon
Last edited by Truth; 12-10-2011 at 03:55 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

There seems to be a lot of nerfs for bards while keeping the OP classes remaining OP. Bards were powerful on RZ classic, but not OP -- simply, balanced. Now we can't do anything because of all these random nerfs which are hopefully unintended bugs! Everyone keeps saying "not classic", so why are bards constantly getting the non-classic nerf bat? Keep this thread bumped for great justice!

Well, boastful bellow used to do enough push to generally interrupt spells most of the time unless they are standing against a corner
Last edited by xblade724; 12-09-2011 at 08:56 PM..