Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Nice dude grats
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 06-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

I honestly removed my xp bar from my UI after level 51 and just focused on having fun, letting every ding be a surprise.

It also took me like 9 months to get from 51 to 60, so i am not saying this is the ideal strategy.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-24-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly removed my xp bar from my UI after level 51 and just focused on having fun, letting every ding be a surprise.

It also took me like 9 months to get from 51 to 60, so i am not saying this is the ideal strategy.
How long would it take for a degenerate who plays 12 hours a day? You guys make it sound like it takes 20 hours of non-stop grinding to get one yellow.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:47 AM
Kobold

Level 59....the worst level... 12 hours of straight soloing would get me 40% of a level. I was never able to grind more than 2 hours at a time, though.

I'd say lvl 51 is just short of the half way point to 60 for me. That's also because I spent my time learning the game/world instead of purely leveling.

Oh, and grab Gratz to OP.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long would it take for a degenerate who plays 12 hours a day? You guys make it sound like it takes 20 hours of non-stop grinding to get one yellow.
You'll be fine... I did 51-60 pre-Velious before the 40% hybrid penalty was lifted and without Panic Animal, just like I did on Live. Sometimes I was so grateful to be in a group, I accepted a net XP loss for the evening (Mage in Chardok: hey, anyone see where my pet went? Group: uhhhhh....)

You young whippersnappers can probably fearkite your way to 60 on glacier mastadons in WW nowadays. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-25-2019, 08:01 AM
Orc

gz
Old 06-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Does the leveling really get that bad once you hit 50? Like, which of the levels after 49 are Hell levels? Just curious.

Grats man, I'm about to hit 45 on my Ranger, not looking forward to that one.
I did 1-30 in a month
31-51 in another month
52-54 in another month
then 55-60 took me 2 years... quitting/taking breaks on and off getting burnt out

Problem for me was finding places to xp 51+. I was a solo guy and at 51 most things/zones started to green out. I was able to find places in Velious to solo (frost giants in EW/GD) and life was good again.

Then when you get to 55 seeminly EVERYTHING in the game greens out. Group in 50+ dungeons, or come up with a viable solo strategy. Because (as previously mentioned) you still need millions of xp.

Fighting in the Hole this past week, in my last yellow of 59, I noticed about 1/3 of the mobs there were green (high green/xp-giving.) When you get to the end of the leveling, it gets even harder to find mobs that give xp.

The only real challenges to getting level 60 is:

-Patience
-Dedication
-Finding places that give steady xp
Old 06-25-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You young whippersnappers can probably fearkite your way to 60 on glacier mastadons in WW nowadays. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried this for a while, honestly it was very unenjoyable. At 59 I got most of my solo XP doing frenzied velium broodling camp*, but I actually dinged 60 off farming hunter forager cycle for an alt (I had a long string of names, so it took ages to actually get the forager keep piece in that instance... I did walk out with the regen tunic and iksar illusion mask though).
Old 06-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did 1-30 in a month
31-51 in another month
52-54 in another month
then 55-60 took me 2 years... quitting/taking breaks on and off getting burnt out

Problem for me was finding places to xp 51+. I was a solo guy and at 51 most things/zones started to green out. I was able to find places in Velious to solo (frost giants in EW/GD) and life was good again.

Then when you get to 55 seeminly EVERYTHING in the game greens out. Group in 50+ dungeons, or come up with a viable solo strategy. Because (as previously mentioned) you still need millions of xp.

Fighting in the Hole this past week, in my last yellow of 59, I noticed about 1/3 of the mobs there were green (high green/xp-giving.) When you get to the end of the leveling, it gets even harder to find mobs that give xp.

The only real challenges to getting level 60 is:

-Patience
-Dedication
-Finding places that give steady xp
What about the Geode tunnels in Wakening Lands? I remember those guys still being Lightblue at 65 on TGC. Probably a pretty easy camp to get a group for too.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Makes you wonder at the life styles of the people with multiple 60s. I just don’t have the time to put in but man I’m trying too!
Closed Thread