Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Banned

Windfury was overpowered I think was the gist of it.

But if you were just good at the game, frostshock kiting and earthshocking crucial spells went a long way. Grounding totem the right spells was also big (you could ground totem blind vs rogues I remember). You would walk up and melee them and be conservative with your mana against most classes (you didn't have to be as careful with mana vs Rogue and Warrior, but had to be more careful with melee). Bad shamans I remember did a lot of spam shocking and running OOM.

Heals were mana efficient and would have NS + greater heal for emergencies.

Shadowpriest with +shadow damage gear just melted things if you knew what you were doing. It was very mana intensive though and not nearly as good group pvp...but still just that kind of power was useful in groups.

A lot of this still applied when WSG opened up during the BWL era...

Things started changing and getting lamer by Nax era because raid gear started to get really good and I remember warlocks specifically were all the sudden considered OP (unresistible fear from death coil I think was part but not of that)...but I don't remember much detail then because I really wasn't active.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 03-21-2019 at 02:22 PM..
Old 03-21-2019, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking forward to playing it over the summer. Are you guys going

1) horde or alliance?

2) pvp or pve server?

3) what class?

I remember playing the beta for wow back in the day. There had to be 1,000+ players in the starting zone. It prob took a full day just to complete the first 4 levels due to the lack of quest mobs.

Do you think they will instance any of the starting areas at the launch of the game?

Will everyone min/max and not go any gimp specs?

Were shamans any good? I went alliance and only saw them in pvp

Will they decrease the respec or mount prices?

So many questions about the servers with it coming out soon. Will they go the DBG route and add some QOL to the servers and have a cash shop?

I will probably go frost mage and have my girlfriend try out a shaman or priest for a combo. I have zero idea if shaman and frost mages are a decent duo. I know priest/mage is solid due to the PBAOE priests get.
lok'tar ogar

pvp

undead rogue

this is assuming i even bother playing. vanilla doesn't mean much to me. but the thought of them re-releasing tbc at some point and going back to rng mace stun arena meta of season 1 and 2 has me foaming at the mouth. back when you could spec prep and adrenaline rush and prep refreshed the cooldown of adrenaline rush. those were good times.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Banned

Official server or wat? I want blizzard to get more money from me.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:44 PM
Banned

Funniest thing too is my time playing a dreanai has been burning a hole in the back of my head for the last two months and I haven't bothered even looking into it but was considering asking for a subscription.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Classic WoW is kind of like classic EQ. Fun but not as good as during its first 1-2 expansions. Got to 60 twice on legacy servers (paladin, then shaman) and ended up bored

Depends a lot how the servers are set up whether I give it a third go. Probably would play priest - some kind of healer again for sure, though levelling sucks
Old 03-21-2019, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funniest thing too is my time playing a dreanai has been burning a hole in the back of my head for the last two months and I haven't bothered even looking into it but was considering asking for a subscription.
i tried it in like 2015 and it was hilariously bad, unplayable. go to dungeon from dungeon finder etc like Guild Wars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2019, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic WoW is kind of like classic EQ. Fun but not as good as during its first 1-2 expansions. Got to 60 twice on legacy servers (paladin, then shaman) and ended up bored

Depends a lot how the servers are set up whether I give it a third go. Probably would play priest - some kind of healer again for sure, though levelling sucks
I want to try a vanilla holy priest and druid bad. Legacy servers still a thing? Like upto wotlk?

BC was guuuud. But it made vanilla obsolete.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i tried it in like 2015 and it was hilariously bad, unplayable. go to dungeon from dungeon finder etc like Guild Wars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're just not gay enough lady.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic dungeon experience pre finder with friends was actually hard and some epic crawls.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic dungeon experience pre finder with friends was actually hard and some epic crawls.
oh God yeah. Wailing Caverns was fukn intimidating the first few times. Gnomeregan was like crawling Vex Thal at lvl 30. those dungeons r so huge.

i got to gnomeregan when i played in 2015 and they just have you do like one short hallway and then fight the big boss. like you don't visit the rest of the zone anymore. at all. That's when I quit.
Closed Thread