Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys!

Also - I get the feeling that it is impossible to be allied both with the giants and the CoV dragons. It seems any positive faction hit with one is a negative for the other. Is that pretty much accurate?

It's possible but very unrealistic. Zlandicar gives a positive CoV faction hit without giving a negative giant hit.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-26-2019, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

It's going to depend heavily on your class/race.

If your class has invis, then really you don't need to worry about faction at all outside of specific quests you may want to complete.

Those with sneak can sell at any vendor in the world.

The only class that might care about faction is... Warriors until they get invis clicky, and maybe Paladins. But unless you start off an as evil race warrior then you'll be fine in so many cities that ruining a guard faction here and there won't really matter either.

TLDR Faction is pretty much useless, from a practical standpoint.
Last edited by jolanar; 06-26-2019 at 08:06 AM..
Old 06-26-2019, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR Faction is pretty much useless, from a practical standpoint.
Yeah, I hear ya. I don't really feel the need to be able to enter the evil cities lol. (I've got alts who can!)

I'm mostly talking about equipment. For example, I just became an ally of CoV so I can get my Skyshrine armor.

Or, being able to gain access to good leveling spots, an example being access to the Hole which was given earlier in this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Praise aalderon... I can't spell but honey ... Find talk and praise aalderon... ... ... Worth... I'm perpetually red and no item loot so ent... Anything worth saying is... ... ... is worth taking time to say... ...
Last edited by entruil; 07-01-2019 at 11:02 PM..
Old 07-02-2019, 12:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I hear ya. I don't really feel the need to be able to enter the evil cities lol. (I've got alts who can!)

I'm mostly talking about equipment. For example, I just became an ally of CoV so I can get my Skyshrine armor.

Or, being able to gain access to good leveling spots, an example being access to the Hole which was given earlier in this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on your existing gear, really. Skyshrine armor is very good pre-raid gear so that's more useful than most, since it's no drop. No way around the faction. Each of the Velious factions also have other quests for very useful items (Spirit of Garzicor, Coldain Rings / Shawls, Reinforcements for the Tunarean Regiment), and of course there are quests for the heads of each Faction's leader, to be turned in to their enemy's leader.

There are great rewards from quests that aren't no drop items; Halfling faction for leatherfoot raider cap, and the dead faction (good luck with that) for Reaper of the Dead are both great quest rewards, but it's easier for most people to just buy them, or make an alt to hand them in.

For no-drop items, the Qeynos Badge Quest (https://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Badge_Quests) ends with a solid necklace, including wearable see invis.

One of the most useful no-drop quest items is Soulfire, which requires high faction with Knights of Truth and Priests of Life. It's the reward of this quest ( https://wiki.project1999.com/Zimel%27s_Blades_(SoulFire) ). The sword can only be equipped by paladins, and isn't mind blowing by the time of Velious, but it has 5 charges of complete heal, clickably by any class from inventory, and the spell is instant-cast.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by entruil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Praise aalderon... I can't spell but honey ... Find talk and praise aalderon... ... ... Worth... I'm perpetually red and no item loot so ent... Anything worth saying is... ... ... is worth taking time to say... ...
long time no see
Old 07-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Will mention that as a druid, giant faction is also great money. If you partner with a shaman who is soloing WW dragons, you can port back and forth to turn in heads (lore) and get a bunch of 2-3k items.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

The wiki has a new page/category, based on this thread: allow me to introduce the Category:Significant_Factions page!

It's clearly missing a bunch of cities, and even the cities it has only mention the guard faction, when really every faction in a city is "significant" (since not having it can get you killed when you go to sell/bank in that city). So, as is standard operating procedure for the wiki, please feel free to improve the page.

Also, there are several entries like:

Quote:
The Highpass Guards faction is (unexpectedly) the faction of the guards of the city of Highpass.
If you can figure out a less awkward way to say that, please edit the page and improve it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki has a new page/category, based on this thread: allow me to introduce the Category:Significant_Factions page!

It's clearly missing a bunch of cities, and even the cities it has only mention the guard faction, when really every faction in a city is "significant" (since not having it can get you killed when you go to sell/bank in that city). So, as is standard operating procedure for the wiki, please feel free to improve the page.

Also, there are several entries like:

If you can figure out a less awkward way to say that, please edit the page and improve it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome! So cool my thread inspired a Wiki page. I do think that the Sarnak faction should be added. I can try to add it myself but it might take some trial and error [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 07-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Awesome! So cool my thread inspired a Wiki page. I do think that the Sarnak faction should be added. I can try to add it myself but it might take some trial and error [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I 100% agree ... and have faith you'll be able to add it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(But post back or PM if you have any questions.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread