Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR BODY TO THE LIST???
Yes, I have no interest in keeping a bedpan near my computer. 165 81.68%
No, how can I have fun if I can't keep others from accomplishing their goals? 37 18.32%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the kind of stuff that I don't understand about P99.

So much effort is put into making this the most authentic classic experience possible, down to objectively making the game worse by removing very simple QOL features like being able to have more than 6 hot buttons and third person camera controls.

But then they implement custom stuff that completely goes against the spirit of classic EverQuest, like this list system. This particular system essentially combines the worst features of open world design with the worst features of instanced content.

Like, I get the intention, and I understand trying to ensure a fair playing field for everyone regardless of how often they're able to play the game - but that's not classic EverQuest.

If you really want people to be able to experience content on a limited schedule, then that problem was already solved a long time ago when instancing was implemented. But instancing isn't classic EQ, and neither is this list system.
Sorry that you can't lock down and farm Manastones and Guises and prevent anyone outside of your guild from getting them
Old 10-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

If I make a cleric, I'll go do the list thing for a mana stone.

If I don't make a cleric, I'll have better things to do than try to get one of the thousand mana stones that this server will poop out before they get removed.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Is the /list feature working on Green beta now?
Old 10-16-2019, 06:31 PM
Orc

I believe they've stated that the list is only for legacy items like Guise and Manastone, not all rare items.

It is not a classic mechanism, but neither is knowing that a certain item will stop dropping. Some adjustments have to be made and this has been stated numerous times.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So much effort is put into making this the most authentic classic experience possible, down to objectively making the game worse by removing very simple QOL features like being able to have more than 6 hot buttons and third person camera controls.

But then they implement custom stuff that completely goes against the spirit of classic EverQuest, like this list system. This particular system essentially combines the worst features of open world design with the worst features of instanced content.

Like, I get the intention, and I understand trying to ensure a fair playing field for everyone regardless of how often they're able to play the game - but that's not classic EverQuest.

If you really want people to be able to experience content on a limited schedule, then that problem was already solved a long time ago when instancing was implemented. But instancing isn't classic EQ, and neither is this list system.

There's nothing more classic EQ than some neckbeard holding the manastone camp for a week straight. If the purpose of the project is to maintain an accurate recreation of classic EQ, then I feel that all of the blemishes should be kept intact as well.
you understand that we know today when and why every item of EQ was banned, nerfed, etc.?

there is absolutely no way of recreating classic. ever.

we can however try to recreate what it felt like to play classic, including getting on lists and looting powerful items. lists are classic as fuck. it was just not a mechanic. now it is, because it's 2019.

it's fine.
neckbeards will neckbeard s tiny bit less. and still win the game.
maybe one sock will be saved thanks to this mechanic! think about all the socks!
Old 10-16-2019, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not classic
neither is high res screen. broadband. forced transparent ui. 100% uptime internet connectivity. Wikis for information pertaining to spawns loot etc.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

There's nothing more classic EQ than some neckbeard holding the manastone camp for a week straight. If the purpose of the project is to maintain an accurate recreation of classic EQ, then I feel that all of the blemishes should be kept intact as well.

Found the unemployed stay at home son right here

Sorry you wont get camp lockdown
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe they've stated that the list is only for legacy items like Guise and Manastone, not all rare items.

It is not a classic mechanism, but neither is knowing that a certain item will stop dropping. Some adjustments have to be made and this has been stated numerous times.
Pretty sure they said it will include a lot more than just these two things. Like, lots more. I’d be shocked if things like GEBS weren’t on there and they never stop dropping
Old 10-17-2019, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made me lol