Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Diablo 3 I was really hyped for. It's kind of sad but memorable looking back.

Every path of exile league.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Orc

I was super-hyped for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. I think I didn't play past my first free month. I still think it had a ton of potential, but it was rushed and incomplete.

Blue: Scrion K'varik, Erudite SK
Old 10-25-2019, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was super-hyped for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.
I really liked that one! It was the first game I thought that finally balanced out the combat healer. I liked so many things about that game and the world had a real nice feel for me and was disappointed when it folded rather quickly.

Several people mentioned Red Alert and now I really want to play it again. The music and the cutscenes were so awesome! Hell March!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQVvfFTcEk
Old 10-25-2019, 08:38 AM
Large Rat

Just about anything on my Oculus.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Skeleton

Lord of the Rings Online. Actually spent the $200 to get the lifetime account. Played it for years, and still log in every now and again when feeling nostalgic.

Biggest disappointment was The Division 2. WAY too much grinding only to be screwed over by the rng. Quit playing after about a month, and interacting with the people there led me to purge my “friends” list and drop XBox Gold entirely.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really liked that one! It was the first game I thought that finally balanced out the combat healer. I liked so many things about that game and the world had a real nice feel for me and was disappointed when it folded rather quickly.
It definitely did a lot of things right. I loved the class design in particular. It's just a shame they rushed it out with large areas devoid of any content. I think if they had been given time to finish it, it could have been something special.

Now I want to check out the progress on the Vanguard emulator. I know someone was working on one.

Blue: Scrion K'varik, Erudite SK
Old 10-25-2019, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It definitely did a lot of things right. I loved the class design in particular. It's just a shame they rushed it out with large areas devoid of any content. I think if they had been given time to finish it, it could have been something special.

Now I want to check out the progress on the Vanguard emulator. I know someone was working on one.
Vanguard was the best MMO ever made. It just contained about 300 hours total of content.

The Disciple and Blood Mage classes were AMAZING. Also I loved the graft system for Necro pets.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

final fantasy tactics
dungeon and dragons online *classic*
Old 10-25-2019, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From another thread got me thinking:

I'd like to know what everyone's most anticipated releases were. Like in all your history of gaming from day one, what title(s) did you get all excited about the most?

I'll start and date myself. Doom II, meh. Quake II, so awesome. Fallout 4, big letdown.
First purchases were original EQ, UT99 and Janes WW2 Fighters.

My first anticipated release was Ruins of Kunark because I was into EQ, I didn't anticipate Velious but I did pre-order it. Everything else I would find in the store.

Dark Age of Camelot & Shadowbane. I was into MMORPGs at the time and these looked like the next EQs. (they weren't)

The next memorable one was Bioshock, STEAM was doing a pre-download thing and the guys at Hardforum were riding the hype train. Beat the game, didn't play it twice.

When I think back on it all the games were pretty much already out in stores by the time I took notice. Box pics look interesting, ok I will buy it. No waiting and a "finished" game. The definition of a finished game becomes confused post 2010.

Edit: Erased STEAM/digital stores & launchers awhile back. Since PC gaming is reduced to digital download only it means I don't purchase new games. I have no further anticipations.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-25-2019 at 09:54 AM..
Old 10-25-2019, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Anarchy Online 2019, the progression server that released this past March. I am totally and completely immersed.
Closed Thread