Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No disagreement there drackgon, my perspective was that of having it on a Paladin. Monks and Rangers would be similar--basically a fluff item in all their cases. Its use as a defacto shrink item on Ogre/Troll is well-known and highly valuable in old-world zones, although again their size becomes much less of a problem in Kunark and beyond. Both Warriors and Shadow Knights eventually get other means of non-potion self-shrink, so it's not mandatory for either although it'd certainly save some cost in addition to the benefit of earlier availability than the alternative means.

Danth
Id love to see an erollsi paladin though with the pink armor and flaming sword dark elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2020, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

I play a erudite sk on blue and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Min max is for the weak
Old 01-17-2020, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever since I was little, I wanted nothing more then to play a Dark Elf SK, because it seemed like such a cool combo with the spellset I like the most.. but I always knew it was the worst combo in the game, so I just can't play it.
I came at Green from this angle, leveled my bard to 50 and have not regretted it one bit. I always wanted a bard just like how you wanted a SK... except my draws were seeing them run around with super speed, charm, mez stuff, kiting, having a lot of fun stuff to do. In fact, when I started P99 a few years ago, I started with a bard, but I abandoned it because I heard enchanter was so strong and wanted that as my starting character instead. I don't regret that decision, but it always left me wanting to make that bard alt I never made. Now that I have the 50 bard and gearing it up, I'm having a blast doing all my barding things... and its nice to have that fulfillment of knowing what having a high level bard is like.

Green is the perfect opportunity to try that class you've always wanted to try. Get your SK to 35, get your mask, and you will not regret it. If its important enough for you to have the DE illusion on this character, then put in the extra time to get 35 and the hours at the camp and you will be happy. I think there is a path for you to have the SK you've always wanted, the DE mask, and the satisfaction of having something you wanted from childhood completed. IMO, min/maxing a character is not nearly as fun as having that experience you've always wanted.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legacy items are pretty much useless and forever waste 1 or 2 inventory spaces
More importantly, they're monuments to your shameful poopsocking. Every time you click that Guise, everyone in your group will know you probably brought your laptop into the bathroom with you when you took a shit so you wouldn't lose your spot on the /list.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More importantly, they're monuments to your shameful poopsocking. Every time you click that Guise, everyone in your group will know you probably brought your laptop into the bathroom with you when you took a shit so you wouldn't lose your spot on the /list.
Last I checked there was no one on the list for guise lol. If I spend 2 hours and get it am I an honorary poopsocker?
Old 01-17-2020, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a real stupid sickness over getting a Guise, but im fighting to not get one.

I haven't played in awhile since green launch. Been busy at Holiday season, but man, I have mental issues about the legacy stuff and characters I want to play. I didn't really stick with anything because I have my bard and wizard on blue, bard being my absolute favorite class of all time.

I have classes and characters I like the appeal of, but most are not good combos. Then I have the desire to have a stupid dark elf illusioned class that cant be a dark elf, or thinking maybe I can power through playing a race I don't like to have a DE form for it in tandem of min max.

Its a sickness but hard to decide which will upset me less. Let me explain.

Ever since I was little, I wanted nothing more then to play a Dark Elf SK, because it seemed like such a cool combo with the spellset I like the most.. but I always knew it was the worst combo in the game, so I just can't play it.

I could have made it on blue, but I didn't.. even though I wanted it.. but I knew Ogre and Troll are so far superior. On Knights, who get the bash skill, sacrificing Slam is a huge determent, and that's not even counting the whole FSI vs regen battle. Knights generally go 2 handers most of their life, because of the lack of Dual Wield. I absolutely hate how trolls and ogres look. Trolls are OKAY as an SK at best but nothing like the DE SK look.

Green dropped, and I had even less of a reason to make one. I was focused more on considering a Ranger / Druid / Shaman / Monk / Paladin. Paladins are close to SK's in playstyle in some aspects, and I really was sure I wanted a ranger, but nah, I didn't like it.

Then I considered classes I kind of liked but could have a cool alternate dark elf form. Also, classes that are way better as non DE who can have that as a secondary form for fashion.

After the legacy stuff stops dropping, ill feel like mentally anything not rogue/bard/chanter will be a missed opportunity to have a cool fashion thing.

But lets say I go ahead and make a min max Ogre or Troll SK or something, and get a guise.. ill still know my character is a fatty, he will have fatty corpse runs, and be a piece of crap that I hate.

I can't win. Maybe its not the legacy item, but just having some kind of min max sickness.

Maybe someday ill make that Dark elf SK ;p but will I regret that too?

Holy fuck... play what you want. Forget min / max.

...praying for you.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

its honestly too many words for me to understand. i tried twice

can anyone summarize
Old 01-17-2020, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its honestly too many words for me to understand. i tried twice

can anyone summarize
He wants an Ogre/Troll SK with a guise, but he’s not sure he wants to put in the requisite time.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He wants an Ogre/Troll SK with a guise, but he’s not sure he wants to put in the requisite time.
I really don't want to make a troll or ogre SK. ;p
Old 01-18-2020, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

It's not like all of February, March, and April, and maybe some of May, is a short time to level to 35 and spend 6-8 hours at ass/sup.

In EQ terms, anyway.
Closed Thread