Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-10-2016, 12:10 AM
Large Rat

Default Trouble logging in on surface

Good evening, I have recently had to sell my tower and got a surface pro 3 for school and got the itch again! I decided to re-download and set everything up straight out of the setup page and fresh titanium discs; but my first few attempts have been with an error shortly past the server select screen while the loading bar text says something to the effect of "Loading character and equipment textures." I've tried both blue and red servers. To my knowledge I have all the drivers updated and all the system updates taken care of.

The error is as follows, "The instruction at 0x00000000031045B4 referenced memory at 0x0000000003D2F0EC. The memory could not be read."

I've popped both those numbers into google search as well as the forum search bars and they gave me nothing. I'd love to play again, if anyone has any input or could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!!

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

2 things that have given me this error. Either directx 9.0c is not installed(would be the 2nd thing i checked) or your resolutions arent set properly. I'd first go into your eqclient.ini file and find the resolution settings for full and windowed mode and set them to what your resolution is on the tablet. That should fix it. Not sure if the directx 9.0c thing is even needed anymore but thats always a second option to try.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:02 PM
Large Rat

I've checked the entire directory for the "eqclient.ini" and its no where to be seen, secondly the directx currently installed is v.12, 9.c that comes with titanium cant be installed. It comes with the error that it is not compatible with win10.

From the login screen i went to the options tab and it is set at 800x600. I decided to do a fresh install again and still no .ini file and still crashes at the same point.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Your ini file is located in a appdata folder or something then because you installed EQ into your program files folder. Reinstall it just in your C:\ and you can find your ini file.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

^^ It's most likely a permissions thing. EQ needs read/write access and windows can be funny about how that works. Re-install in root directory and make sure it's not set to read only.

Sidenote, if there are quotes around the target in your shortcut you won't be able to add the -patchme part.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

If all that fails poke around running the executables in compatibility mode. I think there's a trouble shoot compatibility option if you right click - that's what ultimately solved the same issue on a sp3 for me.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Good point, also make sure to run as admin.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Large Rat

Hey thank you all for the replies, so far nothing has worked. From using the compatability tool to changing the install location to " C:\Everquest" any attempts to place it without a folder resulted in an error. I used the installerconfig application to try and install it that way but still no use.

Still no ini file in the folder nor is there one in the appdata folder under my user file in the C drive.

Losing hope but still looking and poking around for anything i may have missed!
Old 01-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Right click the everquest folder in your root directory and make sure it's not set to read only. Also make sure you are logged in under an admin account. Are you installing from ISO files?
Old 01-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

I had this problem you need to do a fresh install... make sure you run as administrator / windows xp and some UI's cause this problem.