Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

I say this in every thread like this...Teal is awesome the way it is right now. Stop your whining.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Keep Teal real. Jet fuel can’t melt steal.

No merger until Kunark.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 01-11-2020, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was obvious that teal was put up to combat the congestion at release when low level zones had each and every decayedskeleton/gnollpup/rat perma camped by individual people but that time has long gone and we are at a point where only prime zones ever have any people at all and even those zones might be dead on a late thursday night(noobie zones may have 1-5 people in them aswell)

is this really what people wanted in a fresh start? to relive a dead feeling private server? cause it was a blast after about a week on green when we still had over 1k pop and the congestion was starting to thin out and you could actually kill things with people again

i basically only play on weekends now because that is only time green feels SEMI populated but again only in popular zones, please consider this when moving forward devs as the population of both servers seem to be at a steady downfall, or at the very best have stagnated at a low population
Every time I see these threads I can’t help but be reminded of that kid we all knew growing up. He was a total jackass and no one wanted to play with him. The problem was that his mom was friends with your mom and your friend’s moms. Even the moms knew he was an ass hat, but they’d ask you to suck it up so they could visit with his mom. So you’d roll your eyes, but agree to go.

With begrudging optimism, you hoped this time he’d be tolerable. In an offering of peace you packed up some sweet transformers with plenty to share. Though, once you got there the little brat only wanted to play GI Joes. No problem, you love Joes too. But as expected, he’d keep the army that was his spoiled collection to himself and only hand over the lame ass evil twins. While you were there loathing the situation, he was constantly sword humping your avatars with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow....

Fast forward to 2020, the brats still can’t accept the fact that no one wants to play with them and are pleading to the server daddy’s to make the other kids play with them.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are over 1400 players on right now between teal and green. I think it makes a lot of sense actually to not have over 1400 concurrent players on just one server. Especially when it's just classic and no Kunark zones.
1400 on a single server is fairly ideal, and more in line with what the game was intended to accommodate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think the issue is when servers hit peak population times they are full then low pop the rest of the hours of the day, its a double edged sword. Merge and overcrowded keep as is and its low pop 70% of the time. In the end there are 3 raid targets in classic, wont be enough regardless !
Servers are never full now.

I hope they merge by the time Sol Ro opens, because you'll need to find groups in the less popular zones as well.
Last edited by lordpazuzu; 01-12-2020 at 12:00 AM..
Old 01-12-2020, 03:25 AM
Aviak

I go to Seafuries and find a Druid Quading and a Necro or two farming. I go to Alizesuar and find a Necro there nearly every time I go.

I go check on a few camps for my alt. Hit up AC. Normally 2-3 people waiting to give it a go. I go check the Platinum ring. Normally see 2-3 people waiting to do it.

Go check HG's. Normally find a bard or 2 snapping them up and then a few people sitting on a spawn point. Normally after an hour/2 of searching I finally find a camp to work on. Then it's time to raid and I leave to go do the raid.

Today we had 100ish people contesting in SolB.

If they merg the servers we are not going to see Karana become full like it was at release.

We are just going to see HK become super contested and double as toxic. We will see guk become even more contest and double as toxic. Raid targets will be even more contested and toxic.

Empty zones will still be empty. Want to breath some life into zones? Will likely need to revisit the Zem values of zones.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:37 AM
Fire Giant

Dude Issar +100000 for truth. Crovax also 100% agree and <3 u both
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 01-12-2020, 04:57 AM
Kobold

if you are a class that needs a group you mineaswell not even play on off peak hours, was classic really a weekend only game? i think not

430 players is not enough players to create a healthy grouping enviornment

inb4 "its your own fault for not rolling a necro/solo class" , again, this pop is not healthy for the server growth and grouping environment at all
Last edited by Kanuvan; 01-12-2020 at 05:00 AM..
Old 01-12-2020, 05:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are a class that needs a group you mineaswell not even play on off peak hours, was classic really a weekend only game? i think not

430 players is not enough players to create a healthy grouping enviornment

inb4 "its your own fault for not rolling a necro/solo class" , again, this pop is not healthy for the server growth and grouping environment at all
I am not sure how it is on Green. But on teal grouping is even easier. There is always a goblin group and HK noble group going. There is always 3-4 groups in Guk going. There is pretty often a group doing kobold nobles in SolB or gnomes in SolA. Normally all of these groups are going to the point where there are waiting list to join.

Doing it on off hours and week hours is the best because the waiting list is normally shorter. Again, this is for Teal. Not sure how it is on green but since they have more people should be the same.

And if you don't like those spots I normally see people doing Aviaks and Gnolls in SK when I pass through there. The servers merging would not solve this problem. I remember when the servers were fresh and it was exactly the same even when the population was huge. I saw people waiting 6-8 hours to join a group in HK. Could they have grouped up in a low zem value zone? Sure. Did they? Not that I seen. I would see them sitting the basement waiting. The smart ones would be asking to join list in guk as well in case those opened up sooner.

It doesn't make sense to be like, "I don't want to join a HK group and wait". "I don't want to join a Guk group and wait". "I don't want to join a group doing Aviaks/Gnolls because the exp is not fast enough" Then look at us and be like, "This is why we need more people".

It wouldn't solve anything. When the servers were just released it was the same. Every zone outside of the high Zem zones were barren. High Zem zones fully packed.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

A says "there is no one to group with, it's a desolate wasteland"
B says "there are no camps, everything is taken."

Interesting...

No HGs available in Rathe?

EK has a HG, NK has a HG. I think WK does too.

There are other money camps. If you want them go find them - some are not well known and/or have a big faction cost, learning curve, or higher risk.

Reminds me of people who live in cities with high cost of living, a very competitive labor market, and lots of traffic... and complain about it. There are other cities (zones.) If the exp/loot is just that good where you are, then stay and be happy. If not, move.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

merging teal and green together makes a lot of sense because keeping them separate only makes the both of them into ghost towns, I continue to insist as a hundred dudes apparently poopsock solb