Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

I'd go 5/5/5/5 or 10/0/5/5 on the melee stats.

The weapon skill ups are so slow on low dex, and you want 75+ base agi. How you split str / stamina depends on how you plan to gear / low level quality of life or accounting for top end raid buffed.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Do yourself a favor... Not even 60 (lvl 56) and dex+fos max both str and dex... These are part of my raid buff set... But also part of any pug with a shaman...
Old 11-14-2018, 08:51 AM
Kobold

update:

xp has slowed a lot but I have now soloed to 49 . I tried the trolls in Grobb a few of them seemed massively overpowered but most went down easily. vendors do not like Cazic worshipping erudites so I packed up my stuff and headed to Freeport.

Dock guards have been dropping like flies now, some are green but most still blue and I can vendor in the catacombs.

Important note: The rogue GM apparently did not like how many HHK guards I killed and decided to send me back home the express way so if you hunted in HHK go into catacombs through Inn area not by docks lol
Old 11-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Very nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Yea some of those guards in WFP are still blue at lvl 54. At least a couple of the meaner ones.

Just keep an eye out for Guard Ledshin (paths from the courtyard to near the gate guards). Occasionally he spawns with see invis on or maybe gets buffed by where Lucan is. Regardless if you get too close he can aggro and then the gate guards will help.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Kobold

ahh!!! I did have a bunch jump me when I thought I was invised and that explains it. I was able to get FD off an scurry back to the docks where a nice shaman was fishing and healed me up and buffed me all up to. After that I was able to drop guards 3 at a time. Love those buffs!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Has anyone done any soloing post 54ish? Or at that point is grouping a must?
Old 11-24-2018, 06:51 AM
Kobold

I've soloed after 54, but not much. Did 54 killing Barbarian guards in Everfrost (siick xp with my setup which is clicky snare / high dex to proc fear from Obsidian Polished Great Axe). Could keep all guards down permanently

They go green at 55 though which is kinca annoying. Honestly I haven't found a good spot but some that can be done are geonids/sentient armors/raptors in TD/guards in BB/OoT AC camp/Seafuries.. uh yeah it's been hard finding a good spot and I kinda gave up soloing my SK to work on some other chars, atleast for now. Will maybe pick it back up when I get my epic. GL anyone trying to solo after 54!
Old 11-24-2018, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

SK are well equipped to solo, but as always, low dps... Meaning slow exp... Drawing attention of a mob while other group members do way more dps than you would can be more effective... I have soloed good part of my recent levels, working on 57atm
Old 12-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Finally making my erudite sk over the Christmas holiday, I am still stuck on starting stats. I will only be able to raid very casually at end game. I will probably solo 70% of the time and group 30%. He will be twinkled well.

I feel like the right thing to do is put 5 into agi and the rest in stamina. Deep down though I want it to go to stength or dex. My twink gear will give him a ton of str and some stamina. Not much dex.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

If you don't add strength you will have to find it in the gear and be fairly aware of what each piece weighs. With some steelsilk armor and other lightweight pieces (loddy boots) it won't be a problem either way.

It sounds like you aren't going with a set of bronze though so I wouldn't worry about it. The 5 points of agil does make life less annoying.
Closed Thread