Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 05:02 AM
Kobold

Default New to P99

Just introducing myself.

Started p99 last night after a long time debating whether to start over again.

Been playing EQ live since launch on and off over the years. But have quit again since new Xpack was released recently.

I have many 110 toons with over 30000 AAs on 6 of them on Drinal, which was Tarew Marr before merges. Necro main. Bst, Dru, Sham, Mage, Brd, SK, War played the most

Are there any other Aussie players/guilds. Looking for players to level and hang out with.

Currently playing Bynarr L4 cleric, Zipacna Ogre L2 SHam and Amonet L1 Wizard

Any tip/hint etc would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

I think Infernus is the only Asian/Aussie time zone guild on P99, not sure how active they are lately but worth asking if you see any of them on.

Definitely pick 1 class and go for it, clerics and shamans are always welcome into groups... wizards tend to have a harder time here. Still useful but they're lower dps than most dps classes, and people who enjoy putting 4 nukes on a mob followed by a long AFK tend to be drawn to them, which does nothing for their already iffy reputation in groups [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-17-2018, 03:47 AM
Kobold

Thank you for your reply and information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-17-2018, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

/friend Amyas and hit me up in game if you see me online. I love baby sitting new players.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:54 AM
Kobold

Added you
Old 12-19-2018, 04:56 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personal preferences permitting, of course, I would recommend a Necromancer or an Enchanter as your first character. Both are excellent soloers so you don't have to stress about finding groups when online during off-peak hours but both can also excel in groups (even if some will scoff at a necro - show them they are wrong).

They incidentally both also have a pretty low barrier to entry in terms of needing expensive gear/spells to be great as both classes can operate in very modest gear and have no through-the-roof spells to purchase. Shaman, on the other hand, while also a great class both at soloing and grouping, will find that at higher levels you will want some very pricey spells and likely epic to really excel.

But I mean you should play what makes you happy and what scratches that nostalgia itch.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:18 AM
Kobold

Played a necro on and off 19 years. You will be amazed by the damage a geared L110 necro with maxed AAs over 35000 can do. Over a million damage per tick of a dot on a critical.

Have a L100 Chanter.

2 classes I have never tried is a cleric and zerker.

Any great player behind any class can make that class excel, poor players can break many groups up.

So i will battle it out till I get my cleric to 51 plus. Having loads of fun. Meeting new players and some twinks on my adventures.

Cheers
Bynarr
Old 12-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Banned

Enjoy the cleric! Should you step into the raid scene you will be be welcomed by any guild.

Make friends with enchanters and duo. Its insane what the two classes can do together. Just /who enc +/- 2 or 3 levels from your own and start sending tells.

Also, be familiar with what we like to call the "P99 XP Superhighway." Basically the META path for grouping zones.

Crushbone, Unrest, Guk, Mistmoore, City of Mist, Karnor's Castle are the big ones. Can almost always find a group there. Befriend experienced players leveling enchanters though, will always be better in a duo.
Last edited by kjs86z; 12-20-2018 at 11:50 AM..
Old 12-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/friend Amyas and hit me up in game if you see me online. I love baby sitting new players.
This is true.
Love, Shhhhh
Old 12-25-2018, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played a necro on and off 19 years. You will be amazed by the damage a geared L110 necro with maxed AAs over 35000 can do. Over a million damage per tick of a dot on a critical.

Have a L100 Chanter.

2 classes I have never tried is a cleric and zerker.

Any great player behind any class can make that class excel, poor players can break many groups up.

So i will battle it out till I get my cleric to 51 plus. Having loads of fun. Meeting new players and some twinks on my adventures.

Cheers
Bynarr
Have you ever killed King Ak'Anon?