Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Default blade of carnage bad at lvl 60?

i read that this is only good for twinks, wouldn't this also be good for lvl 60s? it's got better ratio than many weapons include epic and vp weapons

equip it when you want to dps, in tanking situations u can put it at offhand and mainhand an aggro? most dps class should know how to lose aggro.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

It's fine at 60. It's just that I would rather have the plat at that level because there's so many comparable obtainable weapons.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Ya, 100 hp on any 1 hander is awesome at 60. Hands down one of the best offhand weapons for the classes that can use it. Since aggro is managed with clickies you really just need a mainhand aggro weapon to stay on top. I can see it being useful for Knights also if they are trying to push HP over dps (hehe_hehe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

Tip: don't read or listen to shit.

99/100 people who play this game are utter garbage at it, and most people who write about it are generally bad too.

Make your own mind up through testing and evaluation. That would immediately make you in the 1% of people here who talk various schmutz/wiki/guides etc based on 'feel' or 20 year old misconceptions.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

99/100 people who play this game are utter garbage at it, and most people who write about it are generally bad too.

Make your own mind up through testing and evaluation. That would immediately make you in the 1% of people here who talk various schmutz/wiki/guides etc based on 'feel' or 20 year old misconceptions.
Yikes

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-02-2018, 06:26 AM
Fire Giant

Agree with Draconite, its a great offhand with awesome stats at lvl 60. You really just need a main hand proc weapon and clickies for raiding to keep aggro. If you're grouping or doing small raid things like HoT, you'll probably want to use an aggro weapon in your offhand.

If you can get your hands on a Dagas from PoSky, it might be worth it to just sell the BoC and off hand the Dagas. That's totally up to you though!
Old 12-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is true for me. I self identify as the 99% garbage tier tank. Please consider my constant boner for blue WTOV armor as evidence of my garbage tier level of quality. I would also like to say that Barbarian blue face paint is historically made with the semen of Polar Bears, and that is extremely manly.

Please consider this message from the 99% - eat the rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree with Draconite, its a great offhand with awesome stats at lvl 60. You really just need a main hand proc weapon and clickies for raiding to keep aggro. If you're grouping or doing small raid things like HoT, you'll probably want to use an aggro weapon in your offhand.

If you can get your hands on a Dagas from PoSky, it might be worth it to just sell the BoC and off hand the Dagas. That's totally up to you though!
why is dagas better than boc on offhand? both no proc and boc has much better ratio?
Old 12-03-2018, 06:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is dagas better than boc on offhand? both no proc and boc has much better ratio?
I never said it was better. They both have 100hp for the offhand which is the only thing that matters. The ratio is worse, but not bad. The melee stats on BoC don't really matter at end game raiding, as most wars will max stam/dex/str with shaman buffs.

That aside, if you had a BoC and Dagas, I personally think you'd be better served selling the BoC and upgrading other slots and use Dagas in OH.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dagas has 20ac and the ratio and stats don't really matter for your ability to tank when you would want to use it. Think one tank ToV dragons where 5 charges of midnight mallet are enough.....
Closed Thread