Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What changes would make P99 more classic in spirit?
Make Shiny Brass Idol (NO DROP) 7 4.86%
Disable CoTH in ToV 10 6.94%
No CSR support in ToV 14 9.72%
Remove Midnight Mallet from the game entirely 8 5.56%
Give all raid bosses a "call" ability (similar to CazicThule) when too far from spawning point 13 9.03%
George W Bush orchestrated the events if 9/11 38 26.39%
All of the above 54 37.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Aviak

Lawyerquest is the most autistic thing i've ever seen - the fact CSR would even respond to a player in that manner is unreal to me - I don't care how big the outcry is - I'd ignore them. Let them solve their own problems.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Allow my rogue to sneed/hide into the raid and pick pocket the raiders, and snitch the drops I want.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Blaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
instancing
*scoffs in your direction* Instancing in an MMO.. you sir!.. *angrily adjusts monocle*

You get it or you don't. Just because you play doesn't mean your are entitled to squat nor should it be handed to you in an easy to use manner for your convenience.

EQ is EQ. I work and can't devote the time this game requires to be the best but I am glad the game exists like it does. You know, instead of retarding itself down to meet the requirements of a low ceiling just so some of us feel mighty. My only real beef with the raid scene is how god awful boring it is and would prefer some action. My gripes on raid guilds are another matter..

Now that we have that out of the way, place Ion Blaze in the rack and let him feel the stretch of suggesting heresy.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Faust's arrangement is that if he is pleased enough with anything Mephistopheles gives him that he wants to stay in that moment forever, then he will die in that moment.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:56 AM
Kobold

Another idea would be allow the stupid (in my personal opinion mind you) training / zone line kills that are done now....but give those dragons a new ability to randomly *super* death touch when pulled beyond certain distance from spawn....this death touch would be special, and *super* in that it would instantly kill said person (regardless of DA)....without leaving a corpse to rez or loot (as in xp and all gear on body gone). Would allow the brave to continue with the easy loot mode pulls to zone in, but with the added fun of a random number of vanished corpses, maybe none, maybe a few or more!
Old 12-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Could just delete their character and do them a real favor.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

If you just made Idols and Mallets No Drop it would solve a lot of the bull shit and would be no more unclassic than spawn variance
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-08-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Institute the TAKP flee stun and its effects on Invulnerability. Have fun raiders.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Oh wait...stay tuned.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you just made Idols and Mallets No Drop it would solve a lot of the bull shit and would be no more unclassic than spawn variance
Nerfing idols and mallets wouldn't change the way the raid scene works per se.

Tanks would still have root nets, coldain beards, prayers of life, puppet strings and bladestoppers to generate instant agroe...You'll probably end up making the top raid guilds stronger by saving them the cost of mallet recharges.

Earring of the frozen skull, dain scroll, bard DA and the actual DA/DB spells are still things too. Nerfing idols would just force the raid guilds to get a little more creative with the pulls. If one guy can't instant DA after his first DA drops, well maybe an additional puller will have to secondary, or maybe a bard can follow along and cast bard DA while they're running.
Closed Thread