Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Default Having issues getting this to work, please read

So I started with a fresh install of titanium, I used the file pack required to download and use the 'launch titanium' icon, everytime I try to log in I get this error:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyone know what the issue is?

I'm an old p99 vet but havent played in about 8 months, not my first time round these parts so I'm not clueless here...legitimate issue I cant seem to be able to fix.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

This may be redundant for you but try #1 on Gotrock's list here, had a friend getting a similiar issue a few days ago and this helped:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey folks, I've been noticing that a lot of people have been having the same problems on here, and I thought I'd write up a quick FAQ so that people can solve the issues on their own, or so that I can simply point them to this thread instead of posting the same thing over and over again (like i've been doing). Here goes!

First things first, here is Falkun's getting started on P99 guide. It's much better (imo) than the one we use currently, so I'm linking it here so that everyone may see it at the beginning of this FAQ. If you are having trouble getting onto p99, I highly recommend deleting everything and starting from scratch using his guide. THANK YOU FALKUN THIS GUIDE IS A+

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...13&postcount=3

Now on to the FAQ.

First off, before posting, please make sure you've done a couple things prior to asking your question:

Updated *ALL* of your computers drivers. Often times, there is some weird stupid driver thats preventing you from connecting - like your motherboard.

Tried using the eqemu launcher to patch your files, or used duxa's all in one installer, which can be found here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28335

Also, please make sure you've tried running EQ without the patcher, by running eqgame.exe. In order to do this, find eqgame.exe in your everquest folder, right click on it and hit "send to desktop(create shortcut)"

Once you've made the shortcut, right click on it and select properties. In the Target line, make sure it looks like this:
"C:\your eq folder extension\eqgame.exe" patchme

The patchme part is required, or you won't be able to run the game using this file.
Afer doing this, make sure you're running it in compatibility mode (probably window xp sp2) and that it's being run as an administrator. This will solve a lot of problems before they crop up.

Lastly, please be sure your eqhost.txt file (located in your everquest folder) has the following in it (and ONLY this, you can edit it using notepad):

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

Save and close. That's it! This will allow you to connect to the correct login server (instead of Sony's) and see all the EQEmu servers!

Ok, on to the FAQ! This will be as short as possible, as it is only answering a few basic questions.

Contents: Press ctrl+f and type the corresponding code (ie: 1. or 2.) to skip right to your problem.

1. Help! When I try to run eq, at some point before entering the game, I get an error that looks something like this:The instruction at 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read
2. I can only run EQ in a window! Fuck this, its ruining my immersion, I want fullscreen!
3. I've used the launcher and duxa's all in one install, but when I log into the server, it tells me i need to update my spells files! Whats up with that?
4. I tried connecting to the server, but it either refuses to connect, or I get error 1017! What do I do?
5. It seems like everytime I zone, I crash! Wtf?!
6. I am unable to use the EQEmu launcher to connect to P99! Either the server list isn't showing, or the launcher isn't working for some other reason
7. Where can I obtain the spell files for P99 without using a launcher/all-in-one installer?
8. EQ is running poorly, I have too much lag to play. It's not my connection, it's my PC, how can I fix this?
9a. Whenever I try to enter the server/gameworld, I get Error 1018 saying that I have a character currently connected. Wtf?
10. "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server" I get this error, what do i do?
11. I frequently crash while zoning, completely randomly and without warning, is there any way to fix this?
12. I am unable to zone into, or when I do zone in am unable to see Nektulos Forest, Lavastorm Mountains, or the Arena!
13. How can I use the new Luclin models instead of the old classic models?
14. When starting the game, before I reach the EULA, my game crashes.
15. My problem isn't listed here! You're an idiot! Now what?!

1. Help! When I try to run eq, at some point before entering the game, I get an error that looks something like this:
The instruction at 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read

This solution to this is actually very simple. Go to your EQ folder. Find the file eqclient.ini and open it in a text editor (i use notepad, its the simplest to use)

hit ctrl+f, type windowedwidth, you should see something like this:

WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=768
Width=1280
Height=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768

change it to this:

WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
Width=800
Height=600
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=800
HeightWindowed=600

I'm using 800 x 600 here, but you may need to fiddle with that a bit. If 800 x 600 isnt working, try using your monitors native resolution instead. Eventually, you will get a combination that works, just keep trying.

2. I can only run EQ in a window! Fuck this, its ruining my immersion, I want fullscreen!

See the above fix for #1. You may need to fiddle with the resolutions a bit to get it to work. If all else fails, set the windowed width/height to the same as your current desktop settings. You won't have true fullscreen, but it will be close.

You can also try hitting alt+enter when in windowed mode to see if that can get you into fullscreen. Lastly, try fiddling with the graphics settings to see if theres a particular display setting that is preventing you from going fullscreen. If all else fails, use the above 'fix'.

I've also been told that having dual monitors can affect your ability to full screen the game.
If that doesn't work change your resolution in your video settings to 800x600
Last edited by Laugher; 10-19-2013 at 01:16 PM..
Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Tried doing both of these things, still have the same issue.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Have you tried using the duxa installer multi core CPU fix?
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

From what I read, DUXA installer is no longer supported b/c eqemu launcher is no longer supported? So I haven't tried using that.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Installed the CPU fix, did not help my issue.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Never had this issue in the past....blowing my mind here.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Have you tried running in compatibility with winxp? and are you running as administrator? hmm, what else...

have you tried turning your texture quality down or changing the value of that in your video options? I remember having issues on other comps because my texture quality was on low or high, for some reason only ran on medium hehe
Old 10-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

I'm using windows 7, not windows xp.

High, low, medium texture qualities all crash.

Running as administrator does not help.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Tried wineq2, no luck

Tried running as administrator, no luck

Any other ideas?