Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

someone give me account and ill try it. rather not fork over 40 bucks just to try somethin.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

is it anything like dark souls pvp (alot of rolling, dodging attacks, no targetting, ect)
Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it anything like dark souls pvp (alot of rolling, dodging attacks, no targetting, ect)
No.

Its like EQ with aim based combat. You aim, push button, then swing or shoot bow or fireballs.

Played original and unholy wars beta. Felt completely unfinished, just like the original.

Great idea, horribly executed.

Indie games are just pitiful. Shame none of them have enough money/manpower to ever complete their ideas.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

ah good to know, u just saved me a few pizzas.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Indie games are just pitiful. Shame none of them have enough money/manpower to ever complete their ideas.

Indie games are basically the only games ive enjoyed in the past 2-3 years

Deus ex 3 omg 97 score MAYBE 98!!!

Played half an hour before getting bored

Darkfall feels alot like eve online to me. One of the reasons is being a bit gimpy compared to other players but being good enough to be able to evade a fight
Last edited by Tradesonred; 10-21-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Old 10-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its def more hardcore than eq pvp.

If any of you are truly interested in trying it out pm me and I'll hook you up in game.
It's not hardcore, it's a buggy unfinished mess. The original game was even worse. The entire control mechanism is one of the least thought out, clunky pieces of crap I've seen in any game regardless of genre.

Save yourself the time and don't bother with this game, you will regret it if you even attempt to play I ensure you.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not hardcore, it's a buggy unfinished mess. The original game was even worse. The entire control mechanism is one of the least thought out, clunky pieces of crap I've seen in any game regardless of genre.

Save yourself the time and don't bother with this game, you will regret it if you even attempt to play I ensure you.
A matter of opinion

I like how Darkfall plays better than say, Skyrim

Long reach for polearm, more DPS on greatswords, situational decisions on which weapon to wield. Wish you had more swing options, its basically, swing sideways, duck to try to evade incoming hit and swing at feet or switch alternate hit and do an overhead swing.

Its really fun to knock down arrows and getting better at it

Hunted centaurs on a road with some trees giving cover alongside the road for a couple of hours yesterday with guildies. They drop arrows so you get to shoot at them for as long as youre camping them, was pretty fun.

One thing i like more than the original darkfall is how its easier to move around the map, with teleport shrines at like 10 places around the world. Also looted some runestones yesterday which acts as the EQ locket of something where u bind somewhere, with a single use though. Because of this, i wish the world was as large as the original Darkfall, but hey, its still a big world.

Whats nice for new players is you get to skill up without too much hassle. Game is not hyper populated and the low-mid spawns are often free for the taking since alot of the pop are already end game ish.

I wish they had more of a budget and could put meat on the bones faster. Still a much better game to me than it was in spring 2009

One thing i think is really bad with the game is how you cant sneak inside a player village/town without a system msg giving you away and lightning towers shooting at you. That goes against the sandboxyness of the game, and should really be replaced by guards you can possibly evade. Ideally with customizable orders like do not get pulled outside this perimeter, guard this building, stay around the workbench, etc etc

But yeah if you are gonna play casual you might as well not play, or understand itll take u a month or so before u can be useful in a pvp group
Last edited by Tradesonred; 10-21-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

FPS combat systems just don't work well at all in an MMORPG. You're constantly switching between interfacing with your bags, chat, spellbook, etc and controlling your character. It's just clunky as hell. If you want FPS combat play a FPS game.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FPS combat systems just don't work well at all in an MMORPG. You're constantly switching between interfacing with your bags, chat, spellbook, etc and controlling your character. It's just clunky as hell. If you want FPS combat play a FPS game.
Yeah well i use keybinds, but thats just me. U have 8 hotslots where you can put potions, different weapons, 8 different spell/skill slots, u just have to spend some time making yourself a nice keybind layout.

I have my Greatsword, bow and polearm as Z, X and C. Switching between weapons is just a matter of pressing these buttons once, not exactly a complicated UI mess.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 10-21-2013 at 05:35 PM..
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you played the first one, UW is a blasphemy and is total garbage.