Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Strong leadership.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Can I change my answer to 'a good knowledge of the girls on chaturbate'?
Old 10-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Banned

1) Organization and activity. Make sure there is something to do as much as possible. Ask questions to your members, find out what people need, have raids scheduled, make them run smoothly.

2) Atmosphere that is easy to get involved. Don't allow people to ostracize others. If you see veterans that are loud mouths and believe they might be making the game less fun for newer members, do something about it.

3) Be mindful of the guild atmosphere for all levels of players. First priority is keeping the engaged and long term members happy with progression but also work on a mentoring system to help new players. This will help you sustain good numbers over time and fight natural attrition (quick raids that get a lot of lower tier gear, epics, leveling groups, etc.)

4) Listen to members but also be a strong leader with clear and decisive decisions. Do whatever you need to do to make sure people listen.

5) For a guild in CS position - If you think you have too many lower level ungeared players don't hesitate to say we are not recruiting at this time, especially certain classes, until you have built up the players already in the guild.

If you try to beat Empire at their own game they will win. People will just use you to get 60 then jump to Empire. Encourage guild members to help each other out so you have room in the lower ranks to start recruiting for better raids. Although it is tough, you want members to think of progression as a guild, not as individuals. If they feel accomplished by helping others progress you have a great atmosphere.

When you see an opportunity to really compete with someone like Empire pounce, recruit hardcore and become the new zerg, but be patient. It doesn't matter how well your guild is doing, you will have to also wait for Empire to start declining. If they never decline or get bored of being on top I don't think it will matter what you do.
Last edited by HippoNipple; 10-13-2015 at 04:34 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ABC

ALWAYS

BE

CROOTIN
lol
Old 10-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

The only guild trait that matters is how many bodies you can throw at your target. If you haven't learned that from 3+ years of R99 history then you've already lost.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Banned

Patience

Plan events around guaranteed success. ( losing makes people leave )

Never shit talk the forum ( See max for more info )

Portray a respectable image, and make sure leadership figures behave themselves accordingly.

Give everyone who wishes to start fresh a chance.

And in closing, promote healthy diets and proper sleep cycles with lots of fruit, fresh vegetables and exercise + Fresh air for long term everquest adventures!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclegrow2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Patience

Plan events around guaranteed success. ( losing makes people leave )

Never shit talk the forum ( See max for more info )

Portray a respectable image, and make sure leadership figures behave themselves accordingly.

Give everyone who wishes to start fresh a chance.

And in closing, promote healthy diets and proper sleep cycles with lots of fruit, fresh vegetables and exercise + Fresh air for long term everquest adventures!
Rule #1: Dont listen to this dipshit.

He's exiled from every guild on the box due to his autistic greed.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Banned

Me being in the guild is probably hurting recruitment gardur! Sorry pal
Old 10-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Banned

1. Exploit range attacks on newbies
2. Fraps it
3. Post it on forums
4. Camp the PoMischief tree and violate LnS
5. and i luuuuuv it
Old 10-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We founded Casual Scum to have some fun and kill people in the snow. Since our modest beginnings we've grown bigger than we anticipated so we end up constantly reevaluating our plans to accommodate our size. Since I don't like to do things half-assed I'm studying the different guilds, their structure, and their qualities/deficiencies to do the best job possible leading my pals.

For science.

List the 5 major traits you think are important to a growing pvp loving guild to be successful. You can list more than 5, mention which guild you think is doing the best job, and even offer some criticism.
Don't let your computer explode right before a major guild merger.
Don't Guild with Lite before Velious
Don't quit after losing
Don't destroy a server with a zerg
and lastly can't mention this enough....

Don't destroy a server with a zerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread