Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Smile Returning Player - Howdy!

Hello everyone!

After starting way back in 1999 with the release of EverQuest when I was 7 years old, my pops and I have played every MMO under the sun together in hopes of finding the same feeling EQ gave us so long ago. Thankfully, after discovering Project 1999, we've realized that maybe the best substitute for EverQuest is...more EverQuest! \o/

I've started dabbling with a few new characters, from a Necromancer to an Enchanter to a Monk, and while it all still feels familiar, so much is all still new to me. I had absolutely no idea how Monk AC scaling worked, and I still somewhat don't, but I see that my AC goes up with lighter armor? That's cool! The Qeynos Sewers are awesome for Necromancers because of a modified experience gain down there? Wow! Its been quite a trip, lemme' tell ya, and I'm looking forward to all the adventures to come! <3
Old 06-22-2018, 01:12 AM
Kobold

Monks have soft and hard cap on their weight....roughly works out to you get bonus AC if you stay below the hard cap....and full bonus if below soft cap (15 weight at low levels, gradually increasing slowly to 24 weight at 60)....hard cap is somewhere around 30 weight....go over that and you'll notice your ac take a massive dive
Old 06-22-2018, 08:45 AM
Banned

you should download the classic rounded spell gems for extra nostalgia
Old 06-22-2018, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks have soft and hard cap on their weight....roughly works out to you get bonus AC if you stay below the hard cap....and full bonus if below soft cap (15 weight at low levels, gradually increasing slowly to 24 weight at 60)....hard cap is somewhere around 30 weight....go over that and you'll notice your ac take a massive dive
Yeah, I noticed how harsh that can be for sure. As soon as I pick up a few rusty weapons to sell, oh God, it gets terrible. I guess that's part of the Monk aesthetic life for ya! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you should download the classic rounded spell gems for extra nostalgia
I was definitely thinking about it. Caught my eye for sure. Lol There was also a wonderful looking UI that had the same feel as the old one but it was a bit buggy on my computer sadly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was also a wonderful looking UI that had the same feel as the old one but it was a bit buggy on my computer sadly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REdmSeA59dM
Closed Thread