Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Default What item should I buy next for my bard?

As you may or may not remember, I made a post a while back about levelling a bard to match my 56/57 warrior to duo forager cycle with my brother.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296925

Heated debate ensued about wether that combo was possible, what level, and how to physically do it.

I think the only way it will be possible is to charm spam the nameds and have the warrior run inteference if shit goes down. Level 39 at absolute minimum, may go to 40-46-52 depending on how owned we get.

With this goal specifically in mind, what gear should I be after, there's obviously bard gearing guides, but I'm talking specifically about this camp.

I tried to camp that goblin invis animal ring and the camp made me want to kill myself.... How important/usefull would that be outside of easier kills for exp? (Becuase we'd be after loot) What about that Tishans orb thing, is it really that good?

Below is the garbage I currently have. What would benefit most? Cha gear? better swords?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cenwood
Old 06-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Kobold

I would suggest a Kobold Jester's Crown for your head (600pp)

Also your BP needs a good hard look, even a tree weave would be a very cheap (250p) substantial upgrade. PSC is good for a bit more cash (1800pp).

Could snag something cheap for your neck with stats....
Old 06-21-2018, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Breath_of_Harmony it had a great ratio.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Pure tank stats / resists to try and not die from the immediate nukes from Harbinger.

Cha = no effect on charms (come at me, misinformed bardbros)
Old 06-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would suggest a Kobold Jester's Crown for your head (600pp)

Also your BP needs a good hard look, even a tree weave would be a very cheap (250p) substantial upgrade. PSC is good for a bit more cash (1800pp).

Could snag something cheap for your neck with stats....

Would the Kobold crown be good for charming? is that why you reccomend?
What does PSC stand for, other than Palestine Solidarity Campaign....
Old 06-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Phase Spider Carapace.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Aviak

In my opinion, and feel free to chime in, other bards:

Resists, HP, AC. Pretty much in that order (possibly HP, resists, AC).

You want any gear that upgrades these stats. Everything else is just a bonus. I would not bother with CHA unless you plan to do a lot of lull pulling.

Breath of Harmony is also a cost effective upgrade, as it has a decent ratio, and you get a free song in your twist.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you may or may not remember, I made a post a while back about levelling a bard to match my 56/57 warrior to duo forager cycle with my brother.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296925

Heated debate ensued about wether that combo was possible, what level, and how to physically do it.

I think the only way it will be possible is to charm spam the nameds and have the warrior run inteference if shit goes down. Level 39 at absolute minimum, may go to 40-46-52 depending on how owned we get.

With this goal specifically in mind, what gear should I be after, there's obviously bard gearing guides, but I'm talking specifically about this camp.

and yeah goblin ring confirmed worst camp in the game.

I tried to camp that goblin invis animal ring and the camp made me want to kill myself.... How important/usefull would that be outside of easier kills for exp? (Becuase we'd be after loot) What about that Tishans orb thing, is it really that good?

Below is the garbage I currently have. What would benefit most? Cha gear? better swords?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cenwood
Said it before your gear isn't going to matter, you're not going to be able to land a charm on a level 50 wizard at 39. You could spam snare for aggro, which probably wont land, on the 45 that drops iksar bp and the 49 that drops girdle but you're basically giving yourself 0 chance at the most expensive item that drops without the levels.

You have the fastest leveling class in the game, use it.

and yeah goblin ring confirmed worst camp in the game.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Banned

If you're doing that camp as a 56/57 bard, disregard all other gear and focus on getting good instruments. Fear kiting + dots is hands down the fastest way to kill foragers, especially with a warrior adding dps. Harbinger's nukes don't matter much if he's feared - just throw on some cold resist gear and elemental rhythyms for the initial pull. Take this from someone who has gotten over 10 masks & BPs each from this camp.

Charm kill only if you have to get rid of an add.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Banned

Oh I see your level now. 39 is still possible but you will have to send in a charmed mob to take the initial hit from Harbinger. It will be a pain in the ass to kill the placeholders and you will die a grisly death from caster adds. Just level up to 54 and do it then.
Closed Thread