Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Default Wavecrasher, risky buy

Wavecrasher according to some forums from live, example Allakazam, still dropped when luclin was available with PoK books etc. Meaning there is some evidence that this weapon will never stop drop on p1999

additionally, the item is not among removed items, unlike Manastone which is comparable:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Removed_Items

Thats why this could be nr 1 over-priced item on server

The timeline might be why price is up at 100k+ since it is hinted there that the weap due to Sirens rewamp will be removed. However I decided not to buy this today since ive seen info from the past that luclin needs be released in order for this weapon to be removed.

The price has gone from 200k down to now around 100-120k, and sellers still have trouble getting them sold. Its a very risky buy. If it does get removed, there would be evidence that p1999 is not completely according to peoples experience from live, and one would question if the p1999 timeline is actually 100% correct.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

it's an overrated item yeah, because it's just not very good. most players who are have the capabilities to buy a wavecrasher also have the capabilities to get a willsapper, or various other better weapons.

worse aggro than an infestation or frostbringer or a million other easily obtained weapons, no stats, and 20% slow is about as useful as you'd expect. from my experience, most of the mystique around the item revolves around the fact that a lot of people mistakenly believe it's a cold based slow.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

I was on the wavecrasher bandwagon for a while - but as you mentioned, its a 20% slow.

I saw this as an obtainable slow weapon for my SK - useful for soloing. However, I think that is more hype than anything, its silly for me to think that a bad ratio 1-hander (for a SK) with a measly slow proc would be a dramatic benefit to my floundering SK late-career soloing.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 08-19-2016, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

I got a wavecrasher on live this week (for serious).

The elemental NPCs were removed in a 2003 revamp. One that will never be seen here. So yea P99 should never see its removal.

Though it appears they recently added them back into live. I was pretty surprised to see it because that mob was in the mob graveyard for years. It's possible live got bugged code and copied over from TLP server data or something though.

I think most of the price is in the fact that no one goes to the zone, it's a rare spawn and a rare drop. Plus the novelty of a slow proccing item. Still, not worth the money. You're better off putting a down payment on some mallet recharges.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

I have heard it procs at lvl 1 though? making it a great twink weapon.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Level ones typically have crap for dex and therefore a crap proc rate.

Beyond that I don't know where having 20% slow or great aggro would be exceptionally useful at that level? Mobs die so quickly and aggro isn't typically a problem at these levels.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Grouped with a guy months ago in COM that had one. Said someone offered him 400k for it, and he turner him down. Im still laughing.
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Id like either this or willsapper for my sk soloing but ppl always hate on the idea cuz wars "need aggro weps"
Old 08-19-2016, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Dont believe everything you hear...
Old 08-19-2016, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Id love a Willsapper on my paladin for those slow procs!