Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 06:43 AM
Kobold

1k root net price and 5k reaper price from vendors. Just take it out of the game at that point rofl.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes. Time to step outsi-- oh wait. :rofl:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks guys, these changes are awesome. Great work.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1k root net price and 5k reaper price from vendors. Just take it out of the game at that point rofl.
Plat just got a lot more in demand.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-19-2020, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these people in here praising these changes when they have never tanked a mob, or ripped a pull, or are even able to begin to comprehend what these clickies even do or why they are necessary. These changes won't even effect you, and yet you are happy that they were made. Can someone explain why they are so happy about these changes? Give me an example of how your "classic" experience was wronged by an instant or rechargeable click item?
Disclaimer: The guild I'm in, which essentially carries the dead weight of my mains (knights), stood to benefit a lot from soulfires and other recently nerfed items as well, to a greater extent than the largest guilds.

Regardless, the concept of a no-fail instant backup heal was a Paladin-only perk and the original devs made certain it was not a true complete heal because they foresaw raid exploits. Perhaps compensate for this, they put charges of cheal on the SoulFire though I've read that initially it only had Superior Heal. Paladins don't get any other side rewards tied in with their epic, whereas other classes do, but SoulFire perhaps was intended for that purpose.

If every class gets access to better than Lay Hands x5, they benefit in ways similar to those who would two-box. Class synergy is less relevant when an item will allow DIY. With less of those items, more interdependence exists and class identity is not made ambiguous. Enchanters safeguarded by Clerics, Monks amplified by Shamans, etc.

Clickies give spells to melee classes, turning them into hybrids, except the power of those effects is not offset with a cast time or mana requirement, making them superior. There are no clickies that give access to sneak/hide, backstab, defensive disc, track, etc. And for good reason. The versions of Feign Death that casters get have a cast time and mana requirement and none of the FD clickies are instant. Again, for good reason.

Always there are trade-off between classes.

Clerics get the best heals and more of them; Paladins get the fastest (Lay Hands, SoulFire), instant. Shadow Knights get slower Feign Deaths but more of them; Monks get the fastest, instant.
Last edited by Ennewi; 04-19-2020 at 07:33 AM..
Old 04-19-2020, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enshadowed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks guys, these changes are awesome. Great work.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:20 AM
Skeleton

You can’t make everyone happy. Seems
like 80% or more like the changes though, and I am a part of that. Thanks for all the work you do Rogean and staff, now I wanna play again ☺️ ��
Old 04-19-2020, 07:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these people in here praising these changes when they have never tanked a mob, or ripped a pull, or are even able to begin to comprehend what these clickies even do or why they are necessary. These changes won't even effect you, and yet you are happy that they were made. Can someone explain why they are so happy about these changes? Give me an example of how your "classic" experience was wronged by an instant or rechargeable click item?

I know i'm just feeding the trolls at this point, but it's frustrating. Implementing changes that people may think are minor when they are really fucking major. This shit changes the entire raid scene. (In before "the raid scene is toxic anyway, you are the reason this server is shit blah blah" - The raid scene IS toxic, but this sure as shit won't help that.. unless the goal is to have everyone quit that isn't in the top zerg guild on the server, or join it)

Just because you want to casually play EQ, and you think that a wand or a root net is unbalanced, doesn't mean that there aren't thousands of other people in the raid scene who absolutely need aggro clickies, and other items, to succeed and sustain.

I don't usually post about any of this shit, but this one got me worked up.

To the trolls, you are welcome. To the rest, I can only hope my "bitchy" posts actually make a fucking difference.
Plot twist, you're the troll. And you don't need aggro clickies. It just let's you play the game the way you feel entitled to play it. Also using the coronavirus as an excuse to say we need aggro clickies and recharge was one of the saddest things you posted. "thousands are dying and you guys are changing the server, wahhhhhh"

Byeeeeee
Old 04-19-2020, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Having tanked everything in the classic era on a war without the huge amount of clickies we use on p99, it's all very doable. Guess some guilds that rely on deep wallets and bags of clickables might have to Git Gud.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm pretty sure we had survived for years back on live just fine without abusing all these clicky. So what's wrong with making it just a bit similar to what we experienced back then? I actually find it more fun now without everything getting easymoded by clicky
Old 04-19-2020, 08:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having tanked everything in the classic era on a war without the huge amount of clickies we use on p99, it's all very doable. Guess some guilds that rely on deep wallets and bags of clickables might have to Git Gud.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure we had survived for years back on live just fine without abusing all these clicky. So what's wrong with making it just a bit similar to what we experienced back then? I actually find it more fun now without everything getting easymoded by clicky
Really telling of how aware you are of the current situation. p99 dragons are significantly overtuned and hardly comparable to anything that existed on live.
Closed Thread