Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
k this is a level of dedication that is quite impressive
Old 05-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the problem solving skills, pack hunting, cleaver girls... none of those fears can hold up against a talking raptor. https://youtu.be/6s9sjPzyQjk
*bland face*

JP3 was a sucky movie imo. I did like that they brought back Dr. Grant and exploring the abandoned facilities on the island.. sort of like those youtube guys that explore abandoned places.

The suspense parts of the film was a hard pass for me. One scene has the mega-Trex just sneak up on them. In the first film you could hear where the Trex was due to impact tremors. JP2 also made this same mistake.. tbh so did the first film. The Trex shows up at the end scene but you never heard it coming. Make a big deal out of something then drop it for plot.

Can't speak for anything past number three or the first book.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Banned

Should also be NEGGED for giving George Lucas the inspiration to start the prequel films after he witnessed the CGI.

Quote:
According to original trilogy producer Gary Kurtz, loose plans for a prequel trilogy were developed during the outlining of the original two films. In 1980, Lucas confirmed that he had the nine-film series plotted, but due to the stress of producing the original trilogy and pressure from his wife to settle down, he had decided to cancel further sequels by 1981. However, technical advances in the late 1980s and early 1990s, including the ability to create computer-generated imagery, inspired Lucas to consider that it might be possible to revisit his saga. In 1989, Lucas stated that the prequel trilogy would be "unbelievably expensive." After viewing an early CGI test created by Industrial Light & Magic for Jurassic Park, Lucas said:

"We did a test for Steven Spielberg; and when we put them up on the screen I had tears in my eyes. It was like one of those moments in history, like the invention of the lightbulb or the first telephone call. A major gap had been crossed and things were never going to be the same."
Finally green screen can make Star Wars great! George did not account for the sand though. It was rough and course and it gets everywhere. A tear in his eye and he took the Disney check.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A tear in his eye and he took the Disney check.
And in everyone else's :'(

For 4 billion or whatever he took I was shocked ... didn't seem like enough for something as huge as star wars..

Freakin disney I thought monopolies were illegal why is it ok for some[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprised disney hasn't overtaken/bought out the gaming industry yet damn nazi company!
Old 05-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Disney movies are ok imho.

....Disney Star Wars is terrible though, and void of any of that atmospheric ‘magic’ that Lucas used to bring. Characters are all prototype copies of the Lucas generation. No heart, no life. Yet I’m surrounded by people who love these new movies and I’m trying my hardest to understand the appeal.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disney movies are ok imho.

....Disney Star Wars is terrible though, and void of any of that atmospheric ‘magic’ that Lucas used to bring. Characters are all prototype copies of the Lucas generation. No heart, no life. Yet I’m surrounded by people who love these new movies and I’m trying my hardest to understand the appeal.
The old films did have a certain something to them, the music.. to this day its not a Star Wars game without the music. The original films were before my time or interest but I grew up with them, the prequels should have been the films I love most as I was a teen when the first released but they are not. Each one was worse than the last. I seen each in the theater though because the excitement and hype.

If you want to know why the new films have that you don't understand its because the marketing is not aimed at you, at least that is my thought.

Nothing appeals to me about he NuDoom games, 2016 or Eternal. They are universally lauded as the greatest FPS games but they have nothing the originals did.. you can't even mod them or do custom multiplayer maps or overhauls to create new games.. 2016 came with a generic 'Snap-Map' feature so console players could create custom maps with pre-made assets. It wasn't popular and to my knowledge no one plays them.. but they are praised as Top FPS games even on computer forums which 10 years ago would have blasted them to NEG town. The graphics are purty-ish.

They do Demons but no Devils. Athiests want no Hell in their Hell, thank you very much.. going to hell and seeing devils would be too religious.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 greatness
Old 05-07-2020, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

SURE, THE VELOCIRAPTORS ARE STILL ON THE LOOSE, BUT THAT’S NO REASON NOT TO REOPEN JURASSIC PARK
Closed Thread