Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 11:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Make Red Great Again

1) Transfer characters from red to blue.

2) Reset server.

3) Make all gear no drop except craftables (blacksmithing / tailoring etc.)

4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBduNcf1eQc
Old 06-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

2 and 3

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-27-2019, 02:39 AM
Banned

ya need a first to have an again.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:41 AM
Kobold

Give it up. Red sux. Always did. There is a reason why you only see 30 - 40 people on the entire server. And that's at peak hours. Smell that in the air on Red? That's the smell of desperation.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 06-28-2019, 01:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a reason why you only see 30 - 40 people on the entire server. And that's at peak hours.
That is a pretty negative view, there are 40 online right now and only 5 or 6 of those are boxes.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

I'm having fun over there. Leveling my favorite class again but with big xp bonus is awesome.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-28-2019, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

I never would have tried Red if it wasn't for the Blue login server going down back in February. I was terrified of PvP and had no intention of staying. However, the next day, after not being able to find an open cash camp on Blue at 8:00 AM on a Monday, I went back to Red and haven't looked back.

A lot of what people say on the forums about Red has some truth to it, but a lot of it is embellished. Yes, there are some deleveled NToV-geared people who will PK you, but this is far from the norm. The vast majority of my experience has been extremely positive (way more positive than Blue). Andain (Guild leader of Sanctuary) helped my friends and I with some started gear and spell money. Other people were very willing to help with ports, plat, and powerlevels. I play fairly casually, but I have been able to get both my Red cleric and druid both to 60 in four months due to the insane exp bonus (which ranges between 150% solo to 390% with a full group).

When I hit 60, I joined the only raid guild on the server. They raid twice a week. No poop-socking mobs for hours on end. No batphones. It is literally more casual than the "casual" raid guilds on Blue. I got an Iron Scroll of War of my second raid and a Halo of the Enlightened on my fifth raid. Even without being able to do NToV, new players getting loot is a common occurrence.

The server population is low, not because of a "toxic" environment, but because of all the misconceptions that Blue players have about Red. My advice to new Red players is to bring friends, or join Sanctuary and make friends. The low population means that your reputation matters. Friendly people who are half-way decent at their class will develop good reputations that others will seek out.

I played on Blue consistently since 2015 (although I played on and off since 2011). I left behind my 60 enchanter (epiced, full raid gear), 60 druid (epiced), and 52 cleric (epiced, full raid gear). Since the day the Blue Login Server went down, I have only logged in once to help a friend with a CR. I have no intention of going back.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

If you just want to raid with no poopsocking there are better emu servers than red though...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 06-28-2019, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Me and my crew would definitely start playing if we had this luxury afforded to us
Old 06-30-2019, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Levels are easy on red, even moreso if you're 2+ people in terms of the XP bonus. Gearing and twinking not so easy.

Ever camped your own gear? If not, why not?