Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 02:31 PM
Banned

Default "Need before greed"

Jagged band, for example, has inherent value.

That value is whatever it sells for (150p), even if it fluctuates.

And the inherent value is equal for every player in the group regardless of who can equip it.

So anyone who says, "need before greed guys only I can roll on it because I can equip it" is hypocritically greedy because they don't deserve the value of that item more than anyone else in the group. The only exception is the temporary stat benefit during that session.

Does that mean you can't pass on rolls just be nice or if you already got one? No.

Does that mean you can't camp an item for a friend and agree to give it to them? No.

Does it mean that someone got an item I wanted to sell and now i'm mad? No.

What it means that the "need before greed" philosophy has always been backwards and wrong. And people should stop being greedy and accept that the fairest system is for everyone in the group to roll on all tradeable items regardless of who can equip it.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Dont do NBG with people you dont know especially a random group.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont do NBG with people you dont know especially a random group.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

If stupid loot rules are a condition of getting XP in the group, I’m okay with that. If it’s guild/friend group, NBG is best. If it’s a loot group, everybody rolls. Pretty soon the masses will start to be lvl 50 and these threads will either go away, or get monumentally worse...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

I agree in NBG. People getting upgrades that they will wear on THAT character should get priority over people wanting to sell it for cash or give it to a friend or put on an alt character who did not participate in acquisition.

But could have hypothetical gray areas like what if the upgrade is like 1 extra AC but you could sell it for a ton.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

1 char per ssn if u die in everquest u have to get a job irl
Old 12-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree in NBG. People getting upgrades that they will wear on THAT character should get priority over people wanting to sell it for cash or give it to a friend or put on an alt character who did not participate in acquisition.

But could have hypothetical gray areas like what if the upgrade is like 1 extra AC but you could sell it for a ton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJX1REQB12o
Old 12-24-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the "need before greed" philosophy has always been backwards and wrong. And people should stop being greedy and accept that the fairest system is for everyone in the group to roll on all tradeable items regardless of who can equip it.
Agreeeeeeed 100%

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-24-2019, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think most of the community agrees when it's a group of friends or guildmates, since in that instance you are simply saving them the hassle of finding that upgrade later.

However, in a group of randoms it just doesn't make as much sense. You need plat to purchase upgrades, to further your goals. So do the other five members of your group. An item drops that represents that value, but one or two members claim priority over it simply due to convenience. Not every archetype will have a drop potential at every camp, so why should the classes that are putting in equal work be punished simply due to mob availability?

Not to mention, one of two scenarios is likely to play out with that item you let go to NBG:

1.) They upgrade that slot again, sell the item, and certainly keep 100% of the money. This is the exact scenario that would have played out had everyone rolled, with an item transformed into cash, but you let one guy swindle the rest because he was going to wear it for a while.

2.) The player who takes the item ends up re-rolling or quitting. If they re-roll, they sell that item (see above) to finance a new character. If they quit, it literally just disappears into the ether.

So considering everything, the fairest system will always be everyone roll, everyone benefit equally.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

All for me and none for all!
Closed Thread