Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Default Enchanters! How do you organize your spell book?

Since playing an Enc on green I’m finding the sheer amount of spells to be annoying to organize. Usually with any caster I will keep spells in order, with a page per spell level. With Druid I allocated 2 pages for ports only for easy access. This was my plan for Enc illusion line, but I’m finding there’s just way too many. My spell book is a mess and giving me anxiety.

So how do you organize it all?
Old 06-18-2020, 09:02 AM
Banned

I keep all the spells I frequently use / swap out on the first few pages, organized together somewhat by spell type.

Does anything beyond that matter? Just channel your inner OCD and go nuts.
Last edited by kjs86z; 06-18-2020 at 09:05 AM..
Old 06-18-2020, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep all the spells I frequently use / swap out on the first few pages, organized together somewhat by spell type.

Does anything beyond that matter? Just channel your inner OCD and go nuts.
What did you do while levelling? When you hit late 50s/60 did you then re organize? Having to swap everything per spell level seems not ideal
Old 06-18-2020, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

High to low in groupings of spell type. 1st page is spells you will constantly switch out but not keep memmed, usually just the best in a line here . 2ncd is spells that get switched but generally stay memmed. The various roots for example. After that it would probably be the lines of mezzes and nukes, dots,charm whatever. Stuff that I wouldn't likely unmem mid fight.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:06 PM
Orc

I put my spells in two separate places. My normally-used stuff (bedlam, slow, stuns) are on the first/second pages. My buffs, illusions, and other useful but not as commonly-used are in the back pages of my book.

On my hotbar i have two buttons. One that does /book 1 and one that does /book 50. This allows me to be 1 hotkey and 0-1 page turns away from pretty much any spell i would need.

Yep, i'm weird.
Old 06-18-2020, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I put my spells in two separate places. My normally-used stuff (bedlam, slow, stuns) are on the first/second pages. My buffs, illusions, and other useful but not as commonly-used are in the back pages of my book.

On my hotbar i have two buttons. One that does /book 1 and one that does /book 50. This allows me to be 1 hotkey and 0-1 page turns away from pretty much any spell i would need.

Yep, i'm weird.
Didn't know you could do that. Pretty cool. Effectively multiple first pages.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

I put any spell that I will never use again in the back of the book. This means spells that have been upgraded, and the lower level version of the spell doesn't have any utility. Pets are a perfect example of this kind of spell. With pets, you will really only use the highest level pet, and maybe one of the lower level pets when using a pet in a sacrificial manner. This reduces the casting cost, and maybe number of components, on a pet that is being summoned to die.

For all other spells, I categorize them in a few different manners. The spells I use all the time are in the first few pages for easy access. These are spells like gate, invisibility, clarity, lulls, charms, etc.

I also have a grouping of lower level spells. If you need to buff a newbie, for example, I have a section for buffs that can be used on characters below the level requirement for higher level spells.

Spells that always have utility, but may not always be used (such as illusions), I group in one place. This allows me to easily see all of the illusion spells I have, and make the correct selection. The same goes with crafting spells, like enchanting bars and viscous mana.

The key to this kind of organization is knowing which spells go into which category, which spells are completely useless after a certain point, and which spells can always be useful in certain situations.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

For me my first 4 pages are all stuff I swap in frequently. the closer to the first page the more imperative the spell is to cast at a certain time. For some examples, you will find several different mezs, slows, stuns, DDs, dispels, etc., but also some buffs that I'm constantly keeping up, like clarity. But clarity will always be quite far back on page 4. You never need an "emergency clarity" --no matter what your cleric says.

However, also important in this discussion, is what you WON'T find on those first 4 pages and they are some of my most frequently used spells. Why not? Well, those are the ones I never take off my spellbar so I don't need to include them in that premium spellbook space.

Depending on what I'm doing at the time, I will often switch some spells around from pages 3-4 to 1-2. However, I do try to keep the most key spells however in the same place always so I can build a"muscle memory" of quickly slotting them into the spellbar.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Thanks everyone for their feedback (lol). Looks like the consensus is having important spells at the front, which does make sense. So my plan is to move all my spells 4 pages forward in my spell book. Then arrange what is most important up front. After those important ones are at the front, I can keep my normal plan of spells per level going forward. I’m sure this will help with efficiency since I had been flipping through pages back and forth which is obviously not ideal.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:22 PM
Kobold

I put my most used spells on page 9/10. That way I can quickly turn the page left or right and get access to more spells. You only have to move to page 9/10 once every login. I move from one spell page to another by using the left and right arrows on the keyboard. I put my party buffs on 11/12, invis/gate/levitate on 13. Lulls/situational spells on 8/9. Old spells that I don't need anymore are put in the back of the book by type like pets, self-shielding, runes, haste spells, slows, etc.
Closed Thread