Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 03-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Kayso2 Kayso2 is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right.

If someone has a contract with you to do work and they do some of the work AND you benefit from the work they do then you are required to pay them something. If you can't negotiate the amount of that something then they will sue you and a judge will decide how much of the original agreement they are entitled to.

You can't get out of paying someone if you have received some benefit merely because you claim that the work wasn't completed to your satisfaction. There would have to be more facts than that to just walk away from the contract without paying someone for work that they did actually complete...even if it wasn't finished, if you have received the benefit from the work they did complete.

The contract in this case has clearly broken down...nonetheless, the buyer has obviously received a good. He is not entitled to keep the good and all the money. The amount he owes might be half, less than half, or some other amount...but he owes something for the work he received and benefited from.

Sorry...you can't just not pay people who did work on your house merely because you decide to claim that the work wasn't completed to your satisfaction. It has to be more than just that to legally get off the contract without owing them a dime.
Are you claiming a painter who is contracted to paint a house can stop halfway through and be owed a portion of the money? Like an unjust enrichment claim? That might have merit, especially if the painter completely painted a portion of the home ie. the complete exterior, or the complete downstairs, leaving no section as can be reasonably divided only partially painted.

Defendant did get a complete earring. But, I'd argue that fulfillment of second hoop is actually worth twice as much as the first. Either of the drops will suffice for the first earring. But once Buyer get his first earring you've limited the Buyer's chances for completion as the earring Buyer still needs is effectively twice as rare.

Assuming equal drop rates, perhaps there is an unjust enrichment claim. I find for the petitioner in the amount of 6,666p, 6g, 6s, 6c.
  #162  
Old 03-23-2019, 04:03 PM
fastboy21 fastboy21 is offline
Planar Protector

fastboy21's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you claiming a painter who is contracted to paint a house can stop halfway through and be owed a portion of the money? Like an unjust enrichment claim? That might have merit, especially if the painter completely painted a portion of the home ie. the complete exterior, or the complete downstairs, leaving no section as can be reasonably divided only partially painted.

Defendant did get a complete earring. But, I'd argue that fulfillment of second hoop is actually worth twice as much as the first. Either of the drops will suffice for the first earring. But once Buyer get his first earring you've limited the Buyer's chances for completion as the earring Buyer still needs is effectively twice as rare.

Assuming equal drop rates, perhaps there is an unjust enrichment claim. I find for the petitioner in the amount of 6,666p, 6g, 6s, 6c.
Exactly. I also agree that the amount is owed is not necessarily half (and almost certainly much less than half). On principle of the law, however, the purchaser cannot keep the earring and pay absolutely nothing.

At the very least, I would argue that the seller is entitled to the time he spent to farm the first earring not to exceed the market value of one earring and not to exceed half the original contract price of two earrings. I'd suggest 5k pp is a reasonable price to settle the issue and let both parties move on.

If the seller wants his full payment he needs to provide the second earring...and even that is probably impossible considering how badly the relationship has soured at this point unless they both agree to it (including a time of delivery for the second ring).

my advice, counselor, settle for 5k pp and put it to bed.
  #163  
Old 03-23-2019, 04:17 PM
Darkatar Darkatar is offline
Fire Giant

Darkatar's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 546
Default

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
  #164  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:37 PM
RyoGTO RyoGTO is offline
Aviak

RyoGTO's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What did hasbinbad do to you? He bought me an entire steam library of games and every god in smite years ago for no reason at all. Shocks me you call him the least pleasant. He had his moments but this sounds really personal
Pretty sure it was Hasbinbad, not entirely sure, we were friends at some point, but I remember doing crypt with him (or maybe it was someone else in TMO or IB or whatever guild it was at the time) and he reformed the group with guildies without me right on top of me or something like that when I was the one leading the group, just because the guildies wanted the camp.
  #165  
Old 03-24-2019, 01:51 AM
hobart hobart is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoGTO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure it was Hasbinbad, not entirely sure, we were friends at some point, but I remember doing crypt with him (or maybe it was someone else in TMO or IB or whatever guild it was at the time) and he reformed the group with guildies without me right on top of me or something like that when I was the one leading the group, just because the guildies wanted the camp.
So, someone (who you think might have been a friend) did something to you when you might have been leading a group? Or so you think, but you're not sure? Outrageous!
  #166  
Old 03-24-2019, 03:59 AM
RyoGTO RyoGTO is offline
Aviak

RyoGTO's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, someone (who you think might have been a friend) did something to you when you might have been leading a group? Or so you think, but you're not sure? Outrageous!
Yeah really concerned with filling you in with all the specifics of events that happened 8 years ago just hang tight I'll dm you the details!
  #167  
Old 03-24-2019, 09:47 AM
Phenyo Phenyo is offline
Fire Giant

Phenyo's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: straight outa cabilis
Posts: 577
Default

This is all over a digital elf earring btw
__________________
~ Proud member of <Kittens Who Say Meow> ~
  #168  
Old 03-24-2019, 10:12 AM
Heebs13 Heebs13 is offline
Kobold

Heebs13's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is all over a digital elf earring btw
I bet you there are actual court cases over weirder stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen View Post
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
  #169  
Old 03-24-2019, 01:21 PM
Darkatar Darkatar is offline
Fire Giant

Darkatar's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet you there are actual court cases over weirder stuff.
I feel like there's gotta be a rule 34 for court cases.
__________________

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
  #170  
Old 03-24-2019, 02:02 PM
Bardp1999 Bardp1999 is offline
Sarnak

Bardp1999's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Maceland
Posts: 438
Default

Any updates from OP?
__________________
Forum Quest
Spyder73 (BANNED)
NecroP1999 (BANNED)
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 40 Shaman
Myrdrraal - WoW Classic (Herod) - 60 Shaman
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.