Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spawn rate is currently decreased by 80% in newbie areas. This will be announced in our go live post the week of launch. It will stay this way for launch until the population spreads out (probably a few days), and/or it will be scaled down to a lesser value.
I know you're busy but just to clarify, when you say Newbie zones do you mean only newbie yards themselves or does it extend out to the next layer out ? Like does it include Qeynos Hills, West Karana for example?
Old 10-13-2019, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wow is it that visible? I haven't had a chance to login and play on the Beta yet.
Ya its 80 seconds instead of 6 min 40 seconds
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya its 80 seconds instead of 6 min 40 seconds
When the zones are fully populated it'll be far less noticable I imagine (with 1-200 ppl in every noob yard)
Old 10-13-2019, 11:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sharpening stone + rusty weapons = "ERROR: String not found (8053)"

Combination still works and has regular fail rates, but you get the error message regardless of success or failure.

Unsure if reported yet.
This has been around along time, it is still around on blue as well, search the forums for the error number and you can find out how to fix it.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the zones are fully populated it'll be far less noticable I imagine (with 1-200 ppl in every noob yard)
Already yesterday it was a fight over spawns. So I can't image what it would be like with 10x the pop.

I won't be there until a week after launch, but an increase in spawn rate at least for the newbie zones doesn't sound like a bad thing to me at all.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
It’s not noticeable at all. Even with 200 people online it was hard to get skeletons for bone chips in nektulos and qeynos

The higher spawn rate is desperately needed
Old 10-14-2019, 01:01 AM
Aviak

Maybe it's just been forever since I went to crushbone but the spawn rate at the entrance seems way amped up
Old 10-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spawn rate is currently decreased by 80% in newbie areas. This will be announced in our go live post the week of launch. It will stay this way for launch until the population spreads out (probably a few days), and/or it will be scaled down to a lesser value.
Sounds like a great solution. Once the early rush is over, things can be scaled down until classic.

Quote:
Meaning the spawn-rate of mobs is 180% of the default rate?
If he means spawn timer is decreased by 80% in newbie zones, then I believe that means spawn rate is quintupled.

spawn timer is equal to what it usually is = normal spawn rate (if you kill a mob, it will respawn once after 6m40s)
spawn timer is 20% of what it usually is = 5x spawn rate (if you could instakill a mob, it would respawn 5 times in 6m40s)
Last edited by Videri; 10-14-2019 at 02:02 AM..
Old 10-14-2019, 02:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spawn timer is equal to what it usually is = normal spawn rate (if you kill a mob, it will respawn once after 6m40s)
spawn timer is 20% of what it usually is = 5x spawn rate (if you could instakill a mob, it would respawn 5 times in 6m40s)
Yes spawn times are reduced.

Agree with Baler that the bugs forums are being flooded with "I don't remember it being like this.." with no evidence.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Said neckbeards would find out within like 5 minutes of launch due to monitoring the forums and their guild's Discord. They'd leave work and take all that time off immediately anyway.
Isn't not having work at all kind of a prerequisite for most neckbearding ?
Closed Thread