Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found the best exp while charm soloing (only really works outdoors and with a lot of room) is to find the perfect pet. When I say perfect pet, I mean one that you know will quad hit or backstab if given 2 weapons or daggers, and it is slightly higher level than the majority of the mobs that you will be killing. tash, charm, toss them the required weapons, and haste them. From there you can basically chain pull mobs in to your charmed pet. Key is to fear the mob and let your pet go to town on it. When mob gets to around 30%, it's time to head out and pull a new mob. Doing this at lvl 49, with 240 CHA (with buff) I can grind out little more than a yellow an hour.

Surviving the breaks isn't too bad with JBoots and keeping your distance a bit. The only real thing to worry about is adds along with a break, but even then its not that tough to handle.
Agreed almost entirely except for getting a pet that's higher level - having done this for about 7 levels in FV using Pirates and Pirate Cartographers I found that it was far easier to use lower level ROG pets as their backstab ability negates the level difference between the mob.

I would rather deal with an obedient LB pet that kicks ass on DB mobs than an unruly DB pet that destroys LB mobs. Ymmv.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you explain the pet dual-wielding thing a little more.

If you give him two 1H weaps of any kind, he will dual-wield right (if capable)?
The torch will force him to dual-wield if he naturally doesn't do it?

The torch is to allow the pet to use a 2h weap?

What order do you give weaps + torch to pet?

Thanks in advance...
Bump

Mostly wondering about the use of a torch, in particular, if you give a charmed pet a torch and no other weapon, will it dual wield? Also, if you give a charmed pet a 2h weapon and a torch, will it then dual wield?
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Yes and yes.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and yes.
Thanks Tec!