Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Orc

Default Mistmoore Vampire Level Drain

So, i was playing today and thought about re-loading my copy of Baldurs Gate back up. I started thinking about the vampires in that game. You could be this lvl 14 badass, killing a vampire and BOOM! Level 10.

So i told my guild about the idea for giving the vampires in MM a level drain ability. One person said that i should re-make EQ next (Jokingly i hope. lol)

So the question is, would be giving a level drain ability to vampires when the kill you, you lose one level, be too much?

Just an idea =D

Also, i would love to here from a devs point of veiw (Or multiple!)
Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 AM
Sarnak

If the vampires in this game were able to drain levels, no one would ever fight them. Give them the ability to sap your stats for a time, sure. Complete level drain? No way in hell.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, i was playing today and thought about re-loading my copy of Baldurs Gate back up. I started thinking about the vampires in that game. You could be this lvl 14 badass, killing a vampire and BOOM! Level 10.

So i told my guild about the idea for giving the vampires in MM a level drain ability. One person said that i should re-make EQ next (Jokingly i hope. lol)

So the question is, would be giving a level drain ability to vampires when the kill you, you lose one level, be too much?

Just an idea =D

Also, i would love to here from a devs point of veiw (Or multiple!)
Works well with a save/load feature where you can avoid such a thing--like in Daggerfall, where you could become a vampire or werewolf. It was rather neat seeing what you could and couldn't do as a werewolf, but unfortunately, it obstructed the game too much for it not to be an alternate save file. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go load up Daggerfall--Morrowind is for pussies D= (and Arena makes me sad, too much underground o_O)
Old 08-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Sarnak

paper and pencil DnD did that. Ravenloft was pretty crazy for that. However even in the DnD online game DDO. They would only suck away your stats.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 AM
Aviak

yeah um EQ2 did a lvl drain on some vampire bosses though it was just a temperary debuff, to me the idea is old and not worth putting in EQ1 they are what they are.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Kobold

This is most definitively a rule set best kept to PnP RPG, with the amount of time I spent in Mistmoore and the Tenebrous Mountains on live, my toon would have been permanently level 1 >.<
Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quylein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah um EQ2 did a lvl drain on some vampire bosses though it was just a temperary debuff, to me the idea is old and not worth putting in EQ1 they are what they are.
Thats Mayong mistmoore and some other boss mobs in the same instance, drains the MT 10 lvl down, temporary.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Given that a level takes about 2-5 hours depending on your class and hunting style, I think it would be excessive for a mob to steal that much time from you.

But I could be crazy.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Greater Restoration > Level drain.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

The trains would be glorious
Closed Thread