Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HS solo was too butthole clenching as an Ench.
Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want to be fighting on the "Ledge" in FV.

http://wiki.project1999.com/File:Map_firionavie.jpg

If you look at "A" (Or Swamp of No Hope zone-line) on the map and draw a line straight down to the coast, that's where you should be fighting. You'll know you're in the right spot if you see Tracker Azeal kneeling near a boulder at night, and probably a few corpses too. Set up shop somewhere along the ledge, making sure you pull mobs at least Azeal-distance to the ledge. It's somewhat common for a roaming froglok shaman or goblin caster to speed by that will hurt if aggro'd.

I think its said a few times in this thread, but if you're solo exping you always* want to break charm and kill both mobs for Exp. I usually have them wail on one another until 4-5% then break, which will let a single Choke kill most of them.

You want to be hunting Pirates, Pirate Destroyers, Pirate Cartographers, and Drolvarg Snarlers, Growlers and Savages. They range from 26 (Pirate Cartographer) through 36 (Pirate Destroyer). Drolvargs have much more HP than Pirates, but average higher level than most Pirates. I would sometimes need two pirates per drolvarg. Pirates usually have NoDrop Fine Steel Rapiers, but also carry racial meat/blood and normal Fine Steel weapons. Drolvargs drop canines and Rusty weapons.

Duoing with a Druid or Necro will be quicker and less downtime (from little to none). While normal Pirates seem to be either warrior or rogue, Pirate Cartographers are Always rogues and backstab for (If I remember correctly) ~170dmg. Give one a torch and you have a pretty good blender to follow your aggro-kiting partner around.

*The only instance I can think of are those "I'm-almost-OOM-and-this-could-get-hairy-but-I-want-Some-Exp" moments.
This is super helpful. Thanks - looking forward to trying this today!
Old 09-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Nah.

Find a Druid/necro/ranger. Basically anyone that can snare. Charm, haste and weaponize your pirate cartographer. Start with the low one first (hits for 62ish and backstabs for 186 I think).

You head off into yonder and chain pull using tash. Bring back to tracker Azeal and fear. Usually if you bring then that far back they don't tend to book-it once feared. They'll kind of just run in circles. If you have sow (which is a must) you should be able to get max distance during this time and have a successful fear land. I always kept my two fears up in case one failed. With a weaponized pet, just fear it, have your partner snare and go bananas.

Figure out your pulling situation as you see fit. Sometimes it's good to have your partner pull, just make sure they're doing so at a good speed - gotta make use of that charm. And for god sakes, don't pull with snare.

I tried soloing here but it was painful due to the enormous level and hp discrepancy within the available mobs. Trying to have then fight eachother was laughable.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

One of the best pets I ever used on p99 was Slixin Klex. He wrecks the giants at the BW fort.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah.

Find a Druid/necro/ranger. Basically anyone that can snare. Charm, haste and weaponize your pirate cartographer. Start with the low one first (hits for 62ish and backstabs for 186 I think).

You head off into yonder and chain pull using tash. Bring back to tracker Azeal and fear. Usually if you bring then that far back they don't tend to book-it once feared. They'll kind of just run in circles. If you have sow (which is a must) you should be able to get max distance during this time and have a successful fear land. I always kept my two fears up in case one failed. With a weaponized pet, just fear it, have your partner snare and go bananas.

Figure out your pulling situation as you see fit. Sometimes it's good to have your partner pull, just make sure they're doing so at a good speed - gotta make use of that charm. And for god sakes, don't pull with snare.

I tried soloing here but it was painful due to the enormous level and hp discrepancy within the available mobs. Trying to have then fight eachother was laughable.
Thanks for the tips. I'm doing this now and it's pretty sweet: quick kills with chain pulling and low mana consumption. I should've been fear-kiting my whole life, apparently.

I think someone here mentioned spectres for 39-44. Any advice on this? I'm assuming this person meant the spectres in South Ro. Are some of them casters? What's the strategy?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Spectres are easy. They don't nuke but they will lifetap which can make it hard if you're trying to maintain low hp on your pet before the break. Spectres are often camped on blue at all camps with the exception of oot.

Fear kiting is great. I did DL after FV and simply fear kited using a non-backstabbing Drolvarg. I've heard spirocs in TD are pretty awesome as well. The provens are rogues and should do some major damage all the way through 52 or so.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fear kiting is great. I did DL after FV and simply fear kited using a non-backstabbing Drolvarg. I've heard spirocs in TD are pretty awesome as well. The provens are rogues and should do some major damage all the way through 52 or so.
Is fear-kiting without a snaring class possible? Or does it make it too hard for the pet to hit?
Old 09-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorawski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is fear-kiting without a snaring class possible? Or does it make it too hard for the pet to hit?
No, they slow down by about 20% so it's perfectly possible. The downside is that they'll often run in a straight line DIRECTLY into another mob causing you to have to babysit them and their adds. If you play it smart you can follow them around and just L4 mezz the potential adds or calm them beforehand. The downside of course is any time spent babysitting your mob is time spent NOT medding.

Ymmv. I've done it without snare but it is much riskier and more challenging.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to papercolor

Me and my Monk friend did FV. He would spam instill doubt and it would often catch the mob after fear. The Drolvargs were dropping really really fast. I died 3 times though due to no sow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phit - Shaman
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercolor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me and my Monk friend did FV. He would spam instill doubt and it would often catch the mob after fear. The Drolvargs were dropping really really fast. I died 3 times though due to no sow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With a monk partner it is probably best to just slow the mobs and let him tank, facing the mobs away from your rogue pet. He should be fine with mend and bind wound.
Closed Thread