Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Default Scariest Moment

These days it is hard to get startled by anything in the game. I've seen it. However, P99 has given me some tense moments. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do recall some times back in 2000 being outright scared.

Worst one had to be in Mistmoore... I enter the zone and come face-to-face with a castle train. Okay, death. Sucks.

Nope.

The Negotiator fucking charms me and then leads me back to the castle with the entire train. As I went deeper and deeper I noticed I was way past red. Everything around me could beat me to death in seconds.

Just as we got back to her room where she spawns it broke and I died. Took a day for a group to be in there and for me to get my corpse back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

I had an unnatural fear or the howling stones. Something about that zone made me itch. Hated being there.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Orc

On my first character, leveling him in Dalnir's Crypt when the place was really popular on my server. Going down into the lower levels with a group... THAT was scary. Knowing that at any second death awaited me and recovering my corpse would be near impossible.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Exploring the depths of Fear as a monk, solo, and seeing the "Madmmiller has fallen to the ground" message as mobs approached.

I survived of course, but I did some dancing to get away from some powerful mobs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

Perving out on some random enchanter elf in east commonlands, and her turning into a troll and chasing me around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

I remember when I first started playing EQ when it launched. I started in Qeynos and eventually headed to Qeynos Hills. The notion of going out of my comforting newbie zone was spooky. I wound up meeting a few other players and we formed a group near the road marker. We decided to go see what was in West Karana. I felt my pulse pounding as we made our way into the zone and down the road. We saw the first Guard tower and headed there. We fought some of the mobs and made our way to the second tower where we set up camp. The whole thing was amazing and frightening at the time because none of us had any clue as to what to expect. This was a completely new experience. This fear of the unknown would come back time and again as I ventured forth, learning the zones and learning how to play EQ along with everyone else. There was no rush to be first to get / do something. The spawns weren't yet known and camps not identified. I've never felt that mix of excitement and fear since those early days playing EQ.
-----------------------
Old 08-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Back during live I have to say I was scared in Emerald Jungle because of those gorillas that were decaying. They made a really creepy sound, and by the time you heard it, it was to late and it attacked you.

Second, Kithicor at night. Running along that small wall didn't feel that secure.
Last edited by Dac321; 08-17-2010 at 11:48 AM..
Old 08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back during live I have to say I was scared in Emerald Jungle because of those gorillas that were decaying. They made a really creapy sound, and by the time you heard it, it was to late and it attacked you.

Second, Kithicor at night. Running along that small wall didn't feel that secure.
I always found the Raptors in EJ scarier than the undead gorillas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

I used to solo Kelorek`Dar in PoP, fucker would scare the shit out of me whenever I found him, even though my intention was to kill him solo. Damn my fear of giant creatures in murky water.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

What could be more startling than the snarl from a Giant right before the loud crunch?

Other than that, my scariest time was probably being charmed in the gorge by an EE and led around the maze...watching the EE stop and buff all the other mobs. Eventually charm broke and I died. Paid some lvl 22 druid to retrieve my corpse.

Scariest dungeon (until you get used to it) simply has to be Kedge; though the planes (fear/hate) run a close second. But that might be because in fear/hate I just stood with the big group and smacked things pulled into camp. In Kedge I was usually the one leading / pulling.
Closed Thread