Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Aviak

Default Absolutely fastest leveling for 12 mage...

I'm lvl 12, I have the Torch of Alna, aka a focused fire pet. I'm in oasis and it's pretty quick. What would be the best progression.

I only ask this as I'm curious if my progression would be slightly different with a focused pet, aka I can take some more difficult mobs earlier etc.

If not, I think this would be a great resource for mages in general. There are a lot of us! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

If you like money, go to NK and kill willowisps. Lots of them. Turn greater lightstones into one of the gypsies to receive a concordance of research, and sell that book for 9pp and change.

Great xp, awesome moneymaker. Just beware of Griffons/Griffenes/GRiffawns/Werewolves and the stray HG at your level...

Upper Guk Saltwater crocs might also be really good. The 2.0 ZEM for Upperguk will make that very good xp. Stay non-kos with the frogs for a bit - those spiders in Upperguk are also very very good xp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Kobold

I don't mean to derail but I just had a thought.

Do necros get any tradeable Focus items for pets in Classic?

Also, I would go the NK route for teh $$$!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Necros get no tradeable focus items in classic. The only focus they receive is the Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia which adds +1 level to the 49 pet. Necros use their pets as another DoT primarily, it has never been a focus to improve their power greatly.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Banned

Nybright Sisters.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nybright Sisters.
This one time... at Necro camp..
Old 08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

?

What makes Nybright Sisters a "necro" camp?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you like money, go to NK and kill willowisps. Lots of them. Turn greater lightstones into one of the gypsies to receive a concordance of research, and sell that book for 9pp and change.

Great xp, awesome moneymaker. Just beware of Griffons/Griffenes/GRiffawns/Werewolves and the stray HG at your level...
I am a lvl 12 shaman and am wondering if these are doable for me as well. If so at what lvl do they turn lt blue/green. Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafsmar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a lvl 12 shaman and am wondering if these are doable for me as well. If so at what lvl do they turn lt blue/green. Thanks
Definitely. Wisps start to go light blue or green at 15, but they're ok exp until 16. You can also kill wisps in Erud's Crossing if you're a barb shaman - its very isolated, but that's an advantage in terms of finding plenty of wisps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Kobold

WK bandits are good in a group. Even just a partner is good. My partner is playing a mage (me a druid) and we have done quite well there. We're pretty much ready to move to somewhere else now. I'm almost 14 (SoW baby!) and when I hit it we'll probably find greener pastures even though the bandits might be good for a few more levels.

By the way, mage/druid rocks. DS the earth pet and let the mobs kill themselves.