Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Kobold

Default Enchanter Race Question

Hi guys,

Im thinking of starting an enchanter and I have managed to amass some cha gear. I have narrowed it down to three races DE HE or Gnome. I can see that statistically the HE seems to be better for cha by quite a margin. The DE has hide and I just like gnomes! Does that extra 20 cha for High Elf really help alot? I could see that it would open up alot more room for int gear when you hit around 200 cha as you have buffs to take you further in Cha. So a HE would have greater control over a charmed pet plus a potentially higher mana pool. DE hide looks good for charm breaks, but how effective is it? Gnomes would be inferior I guess though would not have to gnome illusion all the time to look through walls?

I know some will say play whatever race you like the most, but I would like some info as to whether not picking a HE would make those earlier levels alot tougher till cha buffs get alot more powerful etc. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

HE is superior for CHA, DE for hide (which is only half-reliable), and Gnomes for wall-looking (but every Ench race can illusion to every other, so this is minor).

The choice is up to you.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

HE cause you can go Tunare, do the PoGrowth bracer quest AND have an excuse for never participating in PoGrowth raids on your enchanter!

Plus the best stats, Hide is really quite bad - not a reason to pick DE - ( Goblin Gazughi Ring is superior for 6k, which is small in the grand scheme of things), and gnome wall look you get at level 8 or 12 through illusions.

High Elves default to non-KoS in most cities meaning you rarely need to illusion or invis. Plus being the highest vantage point has its benefits in first person view on a CC class without having to mem an illusion.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

I know you didn't say it... But Erudite seems like an excellent enchanter class. High INT and can load up in CHA with bonus points.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

People like dark elf since they can break charm with no mana, but you can break charm using taper enchantment which costs a whopping 5 mana. Looks don't really matter for enc, erudite and high elf have best stats
Old 07-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

I charmed all the way to 58ish as a DE w/ hide and no Gazughi ring. If it didn't work the first try and it was really important I'd just invis/ivu, but I generally just gave myself enough leeway for a failure.

Ring is nice but it didn't hamper my leveling at all. It was much more expensive when I was leveling up and I didn't have much plat, so if you can get it cheap go for it.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norathorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just like gnomes!
Always a good reason to roll gnome
Old 07-05-2015, 03:35 AM
Sarnak

My chanty is a DE. Although hide is handy when you go afk, it is not when charming as you need something reliable and it is all but that. My advise: don't pick a DE for this.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 07-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Enchanter is the class where race is least important as they are all very equal. If you're really a min/max person go HE, but the others are all just about as good.

If you choose Erudite make sure you add a few points to agility. Dropping below 75 agility is a major blow to your AC, and AC is of some importance to enchanters as they get hit alot. (bare 75 isnt good because any encumbrance will drop you below). This is solved as soon as you're high enough to buff your own agility and is a non-factor after your epic is in hand as you can just click yourself.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Not that it matters, but ya, I always roll HE, even though I like gnome. But, like a previous poster said....

Level X or XX you get pretty much ALL illusions, and that's the reason I choose HE. Easier to soft cap CHA.
Closed Thread