Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

As a high elf, you reach the CHA soft cap (200) much sooner than all of the other races and can begin investing gear into the most important stat: HPs. I've seen wiki profiles of raid gear enchanters with BIS outside of VP, and they still don't reach 200 CHA because they're not high elfs.

The only alternative is dark elf for innate AFK protection, I mean hide. Like basically everyone else mentioned, it's unreliable at best when it comes to breaking charm, but if you want to take an extended AFK, hide can keep you invised permanently. At least until something with see invis or an undead wonders by. Then you're fucked, anyway. Too bad there's no alternatives. Like logging out.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Reaching the soft cap is important for all Enchanters. And, I agree with Samoht. Dark Elf is the 2nd best option.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Thanks guys! Cheers Samoht that was very informative. I went for High Elf. I just need a Siryn Hair Hood to reach 200 cha currently on 187. Investing in some 5 ac 55 hp rings as i have a Cha surplace and some Gator arms. Only slot left to fill after that is range and cloak!
Old 07-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Kobold

So the 200 Cha cap should that be aimed for unbuffed or at a value to take into consideration your first cha buff?
Old 07-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen wiki profiles of raid gear enchanters with BIS outside of VP, and they still don't reach 200 CHA because they're not high elfs.
Enchanters get a +50 self buff, though.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters get a +50 self buff, though.
Not sure what your point is. Cap is 255. 50 + 170 = less than cap.

Shamans get a +55 CHA buff, though.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what your point is. Cap is 255. 50 + 170 = less than cap.

Shamans get a +55 CHA buff, though.
Quote:
As a high elf, you reach the CHA soft cap (200) much sooner than all of the other races and can begin investing gear into the most important stat: HPs. I've seen wiki profiles of raid gear enchanters with BIS outside of VP, and they still don't reach 200 CHA because they're not high elfs.
Go away, Alarti
Old 07-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Do you know why 200 is the soft cap? Because you can reach the hard cap with a CHA buff. The buff is already taken into account. That's why it's a soft cap and not a hard cap.

Thank you for bolding my own post, though. I'm not sure I would have been able to explain why you were confused without it.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Do you know why 200 is the soft cap? Because you can reach the hard cap with a CHA buff. The buff is already taken into account. That's why it's a soft cap and not a hard cap.
No, it's a soft cap because the benefit is reduced above the cap. For example, 200 is the soft cap for intelligence because you get 6 mana instead of 12 per point, and buffs have nothing to do with it. Also, while Propo did some tests showing that 200 charisma is far more effective than 100, no one really knows about 255 vs 200. It's quite possible that 200 is actually a hard cap.

In conclusion, whenever you think I'm confused, you should probably stop, take a deep breath, and figure out what you are doing wrong.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it's a soft cap because the benefit is reduced above the cap. For example, 200 is the soft cap for intelligence because you get 6 mana instead of 12 per point, and buffs have nothing to do with it. Also, while Propo did some tests showing that 200 charisma is far more effective than 100, no one really knows about 255 vs 200. It's quite possible that 200 is actually a hard cap.

In conclusion, whenever you think I'm confused, you should probably stop, take a deep breath, and figure out what you are doing wrong.
Lots of assumptions, very little knowledge. You should probably stop typing now.
Closed Thread