Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Basically I agree with Daldaen and Pasi. Enchanters are still tremendously strong, but now charm is more of a group effort. TBH I was leaning this way even in Kunark. I actually rather like it; the class is much more balanced now and the whole point is to hang out with friends.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Banned

Stay away from giants. Find yourself a shaman friend and let the fun begin. Shaman and enchanter combo only gets stronger in velious. Once both are raid geared, enchanter and shaman will be an insane combo.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaiseblah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can somebody elaborate a little more on the power drop off of Enchanters in Velious? Are they still fun/viable?
What power drop?
Old 08-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

A large portion of the mobs in the expansion can't be mezzed or stunned, for one.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 08-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Aviak

I've had to adjust sure. Dictate is memmed all the time now. Boltran's/Tash is mostly reliable, too. Don't forget that charms blur all aggro except your own. All casters in your group need to root adds aggressively. Boon and GoB are amazing.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

How about the cougars in Iceclad, does anyone know how long their XP is good for when charming them?

I tried around 33 but they really tore into me and I got too many resists. I'm thinking of trying again now at 35.

I'm having a hard time finding groups now that velious is out; as a side note does anyone have any recommendations for the most populated grouping zones around lvl 35?
Old 08-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Aviak

Default Crystal Caverns

Just wanted to add that CC is very nice for a 40ish enchanter. Camped my own blackened crystalline robe recently and it was very easy (from life leech). Stalag terrors are good exp charm solo and very easy. Geonids are also good solo if you can get the camp to yourself.

Overall good exp and loot to be had for the solo enchanter from late 30's to early 40's.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

What are some good cash camps for cleric/ench duo in velly? Just started up again and need some cash.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to add that CC is very nice for a 40ish enchanter. Camped my own blackened crystalline robe recently and it was very easy (from life leech). Stalag terrors are good exp charm solo and very easy. Geonids are also good solo if you can get the camp to yourself.

Overall good exp and loot to be had for the solo enchanter from late 30's to early 40's.
Lame. I've killed that life leech like 10 times and have only seen the amulet. The exp was good at least.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by defener [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lame. I've killed that life leech like 10 times and have only seen the amulet. The exp was good at least.
Killed him 3 times...2 x amulets and 1 x BCR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread